Session/Audio from ProTools

KC

Hello all -

I did a recording session this weekend with ProTools. We recorded 13 cues all in one big session with multiple takes. The recording consisted of 4 horn players doing various takes.

I am curious if there is a good way to import all that audio into Logic for comping/organizing before importing them into my Logic files for mixing? The engineer gave me what we marked as the best take, but I would still like to go back and listen to and pull from some other takes here are there. Not ever using Protools, I’m not sure how their playlists work and what is the easiest way for him to deliver the audio files.

Does he have to go in and manually name each take and export them all? I know there used to be OMF or AFF export - albeit with limited success (I searched this forum, but the results were outdated)

Anyone familiar enough with both systems to help me communicate in ProTools dialect the easiest way for him to deliver files to work with? I dont mind doing some leg work/organizing on my own. I was thinking if he exported the entire project, maybe I could open it in Logic, comp together the takes I wanted, export the comps and place them in my seperate Logic files.

Thanks -

Cheers

kc