Bass note range limited in kit

ojan327
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

So I laid down a bassline from Hip Hop Kit, but the way the sounds are laid out, it doesn't quite reach high enough for my needs. Meaning, that F# comes out silent (please see attached screenshot)

What's the simplest way to get more note versatiity out of this particular sound? it's a very basic 808-style bass found in Garageband's Hip Hop Kit.

Thank you!

770412994_ScreenShot2018-01-17at11_05_16PM.thumb.png.0cd71e451604d2e32e9c867924f54d62.png

You can replace the Drum Kits instrument by an EXS24, remove the drum sounds and keep only the bass sample, and adjust its range so it plays throughout all the keys on the keyboard. Try this:

Hip Hop Bass.exs.zip

Move that file to ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments and you should be able to load it into an EXS24 software instrument plug-in.

• Solution
I replaced the drum kits instrument with an EXS24 on the channel strip. Now how am I supposed to remove the drum sounds? They all still play in piano roll.

First click the EXS24 insert (blue) on the channel strip to open the plug-in. Next click the "Edit" button at the top right of the EXS24. You'll see the EXS24 editor. Select all drum sounds and press delete on your keyboard. Resize the zone corresponding to your bass note on top of the keyboard so it extends to the right.