Regions names getting messed up when exporting midi file

JMH

Hi

Having an issue where the full text of the region names I'm writing in Logic are getting truncated (erased) when exporting as midi file

In the first image you see a lengthy region name describing to my orchestrator what the aleatoric effects are doing.

1078364135_Logicsessionoriginalllongregionname.thumb.png.a237d4902b4b9988d943a92a3b594498.png

The second image is the midi file exported from the same region. As you see most of the detailed description in the midi region is obliterated. I've tried exporting several times, making sure the full text of the region is visible when exporting, etc. No dice. Seems like bug.

2108874462_Exportedmidifile-regionnameismessedup.thumb.png.4c34263cc3846ebcf652cf3eeb933ddd.png

Thanks.

Hi David, not sure what you're asking. You mean the physical length of the midi region not being long enough to hold x amount of text characters? This isn't an issue in the regions in logic (you can zoom in or out and change how much you can read on a given region, but it doesn't change the actual text in the region name. Not sure if that's what you're asking?

Hi David, not sure what you're asking. You mean the physical length of the midi region not being long enough to hold x amount of text characters?

No. There are no "MIDI Regions" in a MIDI File. MIDI Regions are a construct of the Logic project file. They don't exist outside of Logic. When you export one or several MIDI regions as a MIDI File, Logic gives a name to that MIDI file. In your case it attempts to give the MIDI file the name of your region, but it seems to me like while in a Logic project a MIDI Region's name can be quite long, the MIDI File's name itself can't be that long.

But that's easy to check: what is the name of your MIDI File?

Thanks again for you time. Hmm...the .mid file in finder is called "AXP_1m03_v3_Dead Batteries_011018Pix.mid" however this is different from the names of the several midi regions/tracks within the file. The file has about 10 or so midi tracks/regions each with their own name. Those names are the region names from the original Logic session, but as you see they seem to get cut off after x number of characters in the midi file.