Logic making notes stick on my external MIDI device whenever I click on an audio track

YesYesYesActuallyNo

Hi, I've searched for my problem but no-one else seems to have had it, so I'm coming out of the shadows to post.

I used my SubPhatty for the first time in months today, and it works it as normal playing from my USB controller... until I click on an audio track in either the arrange and mixer windows to prime it to record.

After clicking on an audio track it gets stuck on a seemingly random jammed note (i.e. not one I was just playing) and every note I play from my controller then returns to this jammed note. Another variation is it holds each new note I play indefinitely.

If I try to change the patch on my synthesiser, Logic quickly returns it to the patch I was on.

Note: when I unplug the MIDI-in cable, my synthesiser works as normal. Logic is sending it unwanted instructions, and I want to know if anyone knows why and has a solution - or if this is a bug that might get resolved by the next update?

Since I last used my SubPhatty I've updated the firmware for my interface (iConnectAudio4+), installed Logic's 10.3.3 update, and upgraded macOS from Sierra to High Sierra. The SubPhatty doesn't have a firmware update.

I've tried MIDI Monitor but it doesn't detect anything at all when I click an audio track, and just the normal note on and offs when playing on the USB controller.

Any help would be much appreciated!

FYI I just fixed this by ticking Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces. It doesn't bypass the USB keyboard but I won't question its methods.

A USB keyboard is not a control surface, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be bypassed. A USB keyboard simply sends MIDI events to Logic and Logic records those events. A control surface sends MIDI events (or other types of events) to Logic and Logic interprets them to control certain parameters in your Mixer.