iZotope Stutter Edit MIDI Validation Fail - Test MIDI ERROR

GhostTheProducer

Stutter Edit was working for me before the High Sierra Update. Now the Midi version of the Audio Unit will not validate in the Plugin Manager. Any ideas on how to solve this problem. Everything els passes validation until then end and I get this is the error I am getting:

Test MIDI

ERROR: 93964704 IN CALL MusicDeviceMIDIEvent

* * FAIL

--------------------------------------------------

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

--------------------------------------------------

validation result: failed validation

Thanks for the help.

The response I got from iZotope Customer Care:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care, and I’m sorry for the trouble using Stutter Edit in Logic Pro X.

There is a currently a known compatibility issue betwen Stutter Edit, Logic Pro X 10.3.2 and later on macOS 10.13. Our Development Team are hard at work to resolve this, and we all greatly appreciate your patience in the meantime. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue currenty presents. For what it’s worth, other DAWs on macOS 10.13 appear to be unaffected at this time.

Thanks again for your understanding. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thank you once again for your support.

Sincerely,

Brian

iZotope Customer Care

So it doesn't seem to be a solution to the issue so far. I'll keep posting as I find out more information.

Thanks! I did the same!

The response I got from iZotope Customer Care:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care, and I’m sorry for the trouble using Stutter Edit in Logic Pro X.

There is a currently a known compatibility issue betwen Stutter Edit, Logic Pro X 10.3.2 and later on macOS 10.13. Our Development Team are hard at work to resolve this, and we all greatly appreciate your patience in the meantime. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue currenty presents. For what it’s worth, other DAWs on macOS 10.13 appear to be unaffected at this time.

Thanks again for your understanding. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thank you once again for your support.

Sincerely,

Brian

iZotope Customer Care

So it doesn't seem to be a solution to the issue so far. I'll keep posting as I find out more information.

• 9 months later...
Did a fix for this eventually surface? Just running a check through PluginManager, and StutterEdit was the only errant fellow. Same Test MIDI

ERROR ******* CALL MusicDeviceMIDIEvent as previously reported.

Thanks, and sorry to raise the dead! ,-)

Not that I know of. I never heard back from iZotope. Did you try contacting them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here - interestingly I got it only now after updating to LP 10.4.4 (I was on High Sierra before and in 10.4.3 it worked properly). However, the workaround I came up with is to set the validation check-mark manually. You'll get a new plug-in folder inside Logic called "Inkompatible" (well, that's German and means "not meeting system requirements" - see attached picture) and you can choose Stutter Edit from there. Everything seems to work like before (did a quick test). However, that's not a very elegant solution ... I'll ask for support from iZotope as well. :roll:

457098618_Bildschirmfoto2019-01-13um17_41_42.png.40889e57a7b0989e7bbd1fc8122c8553.png

New folder for "special ops" ;-)

@JamesK: thx for letting us know - seems I got a similar thing

iZotope got back to me with this (dropbox-link to fixed version and installation tips):

iZotope Development have released an updated build for Stutter Edit that should correct this issue. Please use the link below to download this installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykjbem31itrrni6/Install%20iZotope%20Stutter%20Edit%201.05b.593%20%28build%2034%29.dmg?dl=0

After installing please be sure to rescan for the AU MIDI Controlled Effect version of Stutter Edit by following these steps:

— Open the “Plug-in Manager” from within the Preferences menu.

— Type Stutter Edit in the search box. If applicable, please ensure your iLok is plugged in securely.

— Select the plugins that fail validation by holding the Command key (⌘) and clicking each plug-in.

— Once the plugins are selected, click “Reset & Rescan Selection” and wait for the validation to complete. This could take several minutes.

— Once validation is completed, open a plugin to verify it is working properly on your system.

You'll get a warning when installing as the installer is still a 32-bit app (which will sooner or later no longer work on Mac), but once clicking on continue it works as it should. I had to re-validate just one failed AU plug-in, Midi-test was passed and now it's back to normal.