Midi Regions Not Quantizing to Beat Mapped Grid

tiresias

I recently started a new project by laying down a few new midi tracks. I then beat mapped some audio with the intention of using the new grid to add a groove to my midi tracks. The problem is when I try to quantize the midi to the new grid, only the notes move to the grid, with the regions staying in their old locations. This results in some of the notes starting before their region. You can see the problem clearly in the attached screenshot. How can I make my midi notes and regions line up with my new beat mapped grid?

Thanks

951982442_ScreenShot2018-01-19at3_09_54PM.thumb.png.d06b509a514d34ae4c6ee93dbf506f4d.png

I'm afraid this doesn't seem to be working. I have gone into the event list and pressed the up arrow so no events are highlighted in the event list (presumably this is what you mean by going up to the region level). When you say make sure the region name is highlighted, do you mean in the tracks area? I can't see any region name in the event list. In any case, when I press the Q button to quantize in the event list it has no effect.

Thanks Eric, that's the answer. The start of all midi regions are now quantized to the new grid.

Now, I wonder if we can extend this discussion a bit further. The start of the midi regions are all quantized to the new grid. However, the regions are all still too long. The region ends are still spilling over into the next bar. Is it possible to quantize both the start and length of the midi regions to the new grid? How about quantizing the notes inside the regions in the same step?

Thanks