Manually punch in on a selected audio track??

xmortenx

Looks like there are two "record ready" states for an audio track to be in. Red R: when you just select the track and then Red/White when you press the R on the track. With the first senario, Logic will only record if I press record at the beginning of the take/pass. Pressing record while Logic is already playing will make Logic go in to record mode but nothing get´s recorded on the audio track. When I press the R on the track so the button turn fully red then I can toggle in an out of recording while Logic is playing - and that is the behaviour that best suits my workflow.

Since I use a kontroller like Ni Kontrol MK2 to select an audio track I only get the red R state while selecting the track - meaning I cannot punch in or record anything if record was not pressed from the start of the take

Is there a way to change this behaviour ??? Right now I have set up a midi controller to activate the bright red (record enable state) but it would be so much easier for my workflow that Logic did not have this double record enable state.

All the best :)