Logic not receiving signal from all available inputs

rycwdstn

Hi all -

I am in the process of upgrading from Logic Pro 9 to Logic Pro X (10.3.3). I am running High Sierra (10.13.2) on a brand new iMac, using MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid as interface. I have downloaded and installed the relevant drivers from MOTU.

The 828 does appear as both input and output device in Logic, all inputs are visible in my Logic tracks, and I can monitor material that is already recorded. The problem arises when I try to record new material. The 828 indicates that the interface is receiving signal to all of its inputs. However, Logic will only record signal when I choose inputs 1 or 2 in a given track, that is, signal input directly into the mic/instrument ins on the front of the 828. Inputs 3 - 32 do appear in Logic as viable choices as track inputs, but only inputs 1 and 2 actually receive signal and allow me to record.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan

You may want to try a factory reset....

828x / 828mk3 Hybrid / 828mk3 FW: Press the Param/Setup knob until the LCD screen reads "828X SETUP" (or equivalent). The LCD screen will quickly flash to "LCD CONTRAST". Turn the Param/Setup knob all the way to the right. The LCD screen will read: "Factory Defaults Press [Value]". Push the Value knob. The LCD screen will display "Are you sure? Push [VALUE]". Push the Value knob again to confirm. The LCD screen will read: "Initializing...". The clock LED will flash when reset is complete.

I've read that some interfaces input numbers doesn't match the numbers displayed in Logic, could this be the case here ? Set up a project with 32 audio tracks, their inputs set from 1-32 obviously, record arm them all, connect an input signal to e.g. input 3 and see if any of your tracks react ?