Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Released!

drb

If anyone was wondering where the Platinum reverb went - it's now in the legacy menu (along with others):

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 6.40.00 PM.png

Time to say goodbye for good old Logic Platinum reverbs...for well deserved rest.

ChromaVerb owns them all, its amazing...my favourite algorithm is "Smooth Space" :) Acoustic guitars are shining through it.

BTW. I've always wondered why Apple redesigned only some of the old plug-ins...That's why! They preparing a new replacement for them. Now there are big chances we'll see a new Multipressor soon :)

Edited by Enrize

smart tempo is AMAZING

How does this differ from Beat Mapping? Which is easier to use?

Seem like advance Flex time. I cant wait to have fun with that...

Just so I'm understanding the new Articulation functionality: 1) you select notes in the Piano Roll and then assign the articulations via the Articulation menu below the Scale Quantize menu? 2) Keyswitches using a MIDI controller? If this is the case, I was hoping for something like the AG Toolkit where I can draw in articulations directly in the Automation lane... or is there something like that hidden somewhere?

I have late-model (current spec) MPB and iMac. The Logic 10.4 update showed up in my App Store updates on my MBP, installed fine. 10.4 is not showing up in my available updates on my iMac, running High Sierra. Is there a reason/fix for this? Any help is appreciated!

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I solved this problem and thought it might help others to know that I simply visited the "purchased" tab in the App Store and clicked "Install" next to Logic Pro X, and it installed 10.4. Weird that it didn't show up in App Store Update tab, but whatever...

Just so I'm understanding the new Articulation functionality: 1) you select notes in the Piano Roll and then assign the articulations via the Articulation menu below the Scale Quantize menu? 2) Keyswitches using a MIDI controller? If this is the case, I was hoping for something like the AG Toolkit where I can draw in articulations directly in the Automation lane... or is there something like that hidden somewhere?

Yes, that's how it works.

It's quite similar to Skiswitcher in operation. It's seamless though, and I love that it's easy to trigger to articulations at the same time.

The vintage eq sounds strange to me. Especially the Console EQ in default mode.

There is something in the ”Output model” that messes with the transients in a way that I don’t like. With ”Smooth” and ”Natural” it’s almost feels like some kind of flam or doubler effect. If I change any of these it gets better. If I turn output model of it disappears.

Do you think this is the expected behavior?

Ploki I am waiting with you just looking and reading

:D

looks like they collaborated with Celemony (this is a new one for Apple) because they released ARA2 ready DAW on the same day as ARA2 was released by celemony. Logic is the first DAW to be supported.

Not even Melodyne has been released with ARA2 support.

http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-logic-ara2

This is amazingly welcome news, it indicates a change in policy. Maybe they'll start working with iZotope again, imagine Radius in Flex time.

Anyone else use Ableton as well? For me this 10.4 update is far more comprehensive than Abletons full jump to Live 10. So much new stuff, loving this update.

I was very close to purchasing Ableton Live recently. Just about had it with the sloooowww automation workflow and the lack of 'warping'. But I knew a Logic update would be surfacing around Winter NAMM, so I waited. I'm so glad I did :) Extremely happy with this update, I'm a little bit overwhelmed and I didn't think the update would be this massive. The only things on my wishlist that didn't make it are equivalents to Live's Effects and Drum Racks. I know I know, you can do the same thing with saved Channel Strips, but it's just so much more elegant in Live. That, and Live Loops needs to finally make its way to Logic, or MainStage for that matter. It would be pretty neat if MainStage got a massive update with Live Loops too, and soon.. like in the next few days to coincide with NAMM.

I can't seem find the articulation menu. There's nothing between the scale quantize & the velocity input slider in the piano roll. Nor can I find it in the piano roll menus or region automation section. Any ideas?

10.4 is superb, by the way. Chromaverb is my particular favourite, at the moment. Very impressive straight out the box. It's going to appear on many a record in the next few years.

Cheers.

I can't seem find the articulation menu. There's nothing between the scale quantize & the velocity input slider in the piano roll. Nor can I find it in the piano roll menus or region automation section. Any ideas?

10.4 is superb, by the way. Chromaverb is my particular favourite, at the moment. Very impressive straight out the box. It's going to appear on many a record in the next few years.

Cheers.

You have to load an articulation set into the track inspector (it's at the very bottom), once one is loaded the articulation drop down will appear in the piano roll.

I've just been testing it out, using my iPad as a switcher and it works flawlessly. Being able to trigger 2 articulations at exactly the same time is great.

looks like they collaborated with Celemony (this is a new one for Apple) because they released ARA2 ready DAW on the same day as ARA2 was released by celemony. Logic is the first DAW to be supported.

That's great news indeed! :D Not sure what you mean by "this is a new one for Apple" though??

Well LP9 had serato and iZotope integrated 3rd party stretching algorithms support, but since LPX, this has been dropped and pretty much everything included was a buy-out, and they didn't collab with other companies or license their tech.

ARA1 has been supported by most DAWs but it flew by logic completely, being the *first* to support it on the same day its released means they had to work out a deal with Celemony for it, meaning they're again working with other companies.

This really positions Logic Pro X as a more industry connected serious contender as before!

I'm Japanese.

Please excuse my poor English.

Recognition of the MIDI Activity monitor of transport window,

It is judged after the sequencer input of Logic environment.

The chord memorizer of the Logic environment is not displayed in MIDI Activity monitor.

It very troubled.

Are there any ideas to display?

Edited by studio dude