No feedback display on my ChromaVerb

JamesK

That doesn't make a difference. 10.3.3 has no ChromaVerb, and the apps do not in any way "influence" eachother (unless you have both open, then they probably share one prefs file which may lead to conflict) but I don't know, haven't updated yet (from El capitan) so I can't help you much further, apart maybe from this:

On what kind of track is it inserted? From the name ("Space Echo") it looks like you loaded some patch. Try inserting Chromaverb on a new stereo (audio, software instrument or aux-) track, see if that changes things.

Thank you for those suggestions.

So far I've tried it on a stereo track a mono track an instrument track and a bus and it's the same result. ( tested all presets ) No Spectrum graph and no button to turn one on or off. It's very peculiar to say the least.

Is anyone else experiencing this anomaly?

That iMac is listed as being fully supported on the latest OS, so I don't think that it's a graphics issue.

But maybe switch the plugin to Controls view, and see what is there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_(API)#Supported_GPUs

Well, it doesnt support Open GL ES 3.0, which is a must for Metal, which might be the backend for this nifty animation.

IF this is so, then I don't quite understand why some random parts of a GUI are handled by some different graphics department/protocol/codingsoftwarethingy-like contraption. Sounds like inelegant convolution to me, and it breaks support for machines that are supported, so that some supported machines are in fact only partly supported machines.... And for what...? some lines, letters...? Nothing that couldn't be done by "old" protocols... oh well...

Eriksimon: unfortunately I don't know *enough*, but IIRC; metal makes rendering a few things very efficient, meaning while you might be able to render the display on non-metal GPU /cpu, it would take a much bigger performance hit. (there's a lot of movement, physics, hazing going on in that display).

Also it is able to bypass CPU and directly access the GPU.

The way i see it, it's an instruction set, kinda like "MMX" on old pentiums. (but not really)

It could be done by old protocol, by either being

a) much less smooth with less FX (it seems to be pretty high FPS)

b) uglier

I’m finishing up a big project and don’t want to update in the middle. But I’m excited about this update. Curious if my 2012 MP will display everything. It doesn’t support Metal 2 so I may be out of luck.

iirc all mac GPUs that support metal also support metal 2