Stop Logic from switching interfaces automatically? [SOLVED]

Zasterz
Go to solution Solved by Zasterz,

I recently upgraded my main interface to Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt. I use iConnect Midi for my midi routing, which also happens to have audio ins and outs you can use to pass audio to ipad, though I’m not using it for that at the moment. When I’m in the middle of a project, if I plug in the iConnect, Logic (10.4) automatically switches to it as the main audio device and I have to go to preferences and reselect Ensemble. This wasn’t happening with my previous interface. Is there any way to get Logic to ignore/forget an audio interface or at least not switch over to it while you’re using the interface you have already deliberately selected? Btw Audio/Midi Setup isn’t changing the Default, just Logic.

• 5 months later...

The point was I have a device called iconnectmidi which I use as a midi interface and not audio. A couple years ago I was also using it for audio, as it passes audio to and from ios devices. (I'd probably clicked on "Don't ask me again" for "use this audio device".) Lately I only use the iconnect for midi. So I'd be working on a session using the Apogee, need to add some midi and when I would plug the iconnect in, the audio device would switch over to it and I'd have to go into preferences and switch back, each step with the corresponding delay while files/samples load.

I specifically didn't want it to change to the newest device. I wanted to leave the setting on the apogee and ignore plugging in the iconnect. I needed to get my "Don't ask me again" back but didn't know how to reset it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here– I'll answer my own question since apparently none of the experts know about this.

All "Don't ask again" messages are reset-able in

Preferences > General > Notifications.

Greetings from the future, its 2020 skip the year, trust me!

all jokes aside, thank you for this fix.

Any chance u got a covid fix too? :)

take care and stay safe.

• 1 month later...

No lie. It’s 2020. The world is on fire. California is witnessing the largest fire storm in history complete with fire tornadoes. A storm surge is about to take out 2billion in property damage in costal LA. 3 million people have suffered through health conditions from the over 2 MILLION acres of amazon that is burning from man made fires. We’ve surpassed worst-case scenario climate change damage by 100 years. Almost a million people have died from Covid-19 worldwide. Murder hornets are actually f$@%ing real. Vladimir Putin has compromised the highest levels of government.

And yes I just referred to this post to solve a problem with logic.

• 7 months later...

Well hi, it's me THE FUTURE...coming to you from 2021. Things have calmed down a bit from last year's absolute insanity so now things are back to being just plain crazy. Also, in 2021 we are STILL having the same problem the original poster described way back when. Logic switches to another device's soundcard automatically without warning once that device is turned on. I have been able to reproduce this with both NI Maschine and Elektron devices.

The suggestion to go into Preferences>General>Notifications does not solve the problem.

We are patiently waiting here in the future for an answer, because this problem is EXTREMELY ANNOYING us here. We have a lot more pressing things to worry about, as you will all soon find out.

thx

• 1 year later...

Greetings form 2022, a lot of that nonsense from 2021 seems to be fading out, things are calm and they even ruled that the mask mandates are unconstitutional and can only be recommended, also the v thing is only optional. A lot of healthy people are still alive and thriving, most people are traveling more and things will hopefully only get better from here💪🏽

ps I still think people on international planes should be required to wear a mask but whatever. I know I still keep mine on at work

• David Nahmani changed the title to Stop Logic from switching interfaces automatically? [SOLVED]
  • 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

I went to Preferences/General?Notifications but there were no messages to reset so I'm not sure how this is a fix. Logic always asks if I want to switch to my webcam or Zoom audio device even when Zoom in not running.

What you're experiencing is the expected behavior. 

It's only after you make a choice in that alert (such as Don't Use) AND check "Do not show this message again for this device" that Logic will stop asking you if you want to switch to that audio device, and add an entry in that Preference window.

In the future you can reset that entry in the preference window if you want to use the ZoomAudioDevice again.