changes the automation type to solo or mute on/off

ojan327
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Eric, that helped me as well.

In 10.4, I can't seem to be able to control the behavior of the solo feature anymore. If I have a region cycling and I solo it, the solo turns off automatically on the return to the start of the cycled region. I can't find how to address this.

Logic 10.; OS 10.13.3; Mac Pro 6 core Intel Xenon 32 GB RAM

Eric, that helped me as well.

In 10.4, I can't seem to be able to control the behavior of the solo feature anymore. If I have a region cycling and I solo it, the solo turns off automatically on the return to the start of the cycled region. I can't find how to address this.

Logic 10.; OS 10.13.3; Mac Pro 6 core Intel Xenon 32 GB RAM

You have probably recorded solo automation by accident.

Try turning off read automation mode to see if it stops.

Thanks, Eric, with your suggestion I went into automation. I got the behavior to stop--I'm not sure how I did it, but the track did note solo under the "used" heading in the dropdown. When I pulled down the little arrow on the subtract disclosure triangle, it shows solo, but after deleting it, it comes back. DO I have use the "Delete all automation" to get rid of it?

Choose Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read Mode, to deselect this feature.

YES, but in that case the the whole Autoselect feature is disabled, no? I LOVE the last parameter automation auto-select, but I don't want it for SOLO (or mute), which I never automate. I've unticked solo in the settings where it's an option to include in automation, but that doesn't seem to do anything here. Any thoughts, help?

Hi,

I agree with the guys that this is a new issue with 10.4, it seems like a glitch and very time consuming to correct especially when working with lots of tracks.

In my automation preferences I have solo 'unticked' for automation for a start.

The tracks which are soloing themselves because of automation are in a mode where automation shouldn't be recorded.

Those 2 points together and that fact it's never happened before the update suggest it is a software glitch.

The workaround I have been using is as the moderator said 'delete visible automation' on the solo line. I'm currently working with a piece with over 150 tracks and every time I scrub the play marker to a different position it switches to soloing a track I've previously soloed which is completely unworkable.

So unless I'm completely missing something a solution would be greatly appreciate or this being looked into by the developers at Apple for a speedy update.

Cheers, Matt

YES, but in that case the the whole Autoselect feature is disabled, no? I LOVE the last parameter automation auto-select, but I don't want it for SOLO (or mute), which I never automate. I've unticked solo in the settings where it's an option to include in automation, but that doesn't seem to do anything here. Any thoughts, help?

Indeed, it would be nice if whatever's not selected to be automatable doesn't react to that new auto-select feature. It would be ... "elegant". :D Or better yet, let us choose categories of parameters we want to be auto selectable (volume, pan, solo, mute, plug-in parameters...).

• 2 weeks later...
+1 Thanks!! Mixing a big project and that has been driving me crazy. Every time I change mutes and solos to listen to a track it switched automation view and I'd have to switch it back. It bothers me when new features are added and they change expected operation with the new feature. Add the feature - but let users switch it on themselves so they don't get different behavior without knowing why.