Quite amazing (thoughts on Logic Pro X)

jimdilian

I have experienced weirdness with 10.4 that I've never run into before. Maybe it was me and the new tempo adapt function, I don't know. My prior templates always had a 2 bar count in, and recorded in cycle mode. Now, when I hit record, there's no count in, and the cycle bar disappears. Probably a function of the new 'adapt' setting.

When the dust settles on this update, I am really going to enjoy recording without a click track, and really enjoy using all the VIs that I've had for a while, but haven't used because I find the whole keyswitching setting up a buzzkill that just annoys me. I'll also enjoy looking at Chromaverb when medicated...

I found this release to be incredibly stable and haven't run into more than 2 bugs myself. I use another DAW as well ( less and less ) but as time goes by Logic is the solid performer by far.

Same here. I often need to use another DAW, but visiting their forums and seeing the many, many posts about bugs and new (paid) features not working as advertised soon puts the quirks in Logic into perspective.

Only poor experience i've had is with the new EQ's, nothing major - just niggles (One project experienced CPU overload until i removed a tube eq instance, and there is a noticeable delay when adjusting one of the EQ's).

Other than that, 10.4 has been amazing - at least from a song writing/basic mix perspective, as that's all i've done.