Smart Tempo and File Tempo do not work

riaaneloff

I have a piece of music played in freetime. Audio file. I import it to a new project and use ADAPT for tempo. Also let smart tempo analyze and adapt project tempos to fit. Does not work. Makes MASSIVE errors. Cannot FIX the errors...no way that I can find. So, I try file tempo. Let it Analyze....Logic is clueless. Tap the actual tempos, during playback, in with D and T as instructions indicate, yet, Logic just throws away everything I've tapped, and just inserts its own stuff again. I SAW IT DRAW THE TAPPED TEMPOS AS WE WERE GOING!!!!

It just ignores them, and puts in its own stuff gain. Any advice/tips/help appreciated. I MUST be doing something wrong?

Oh, yes, also, dragging/scaling/moving the beat markers is no good either. When I drag a downbeat "too far" away from a previous one, Logic goes right ahead and dumps in a new downbeat (new measure). I DON'T WANT THE FRIGGING NEW MEASURE!!! AARRGGHH!! I just want to drag the downbeat as far right as required, for it to fall on the right place!

Is there no way to DELETE these "newly created" downbeats that Logic keeps dumping into my file when I scale the markers?