First note of mix is chopped off

brandeneatsfood

Check that your note isn’t starting before 1.1.1.1.

If it is, select it in the piano roll than press Q on your keyboard to quantize it.

I did. it still happens. I noticed that every time I start the song with the "giant beats display" open, it stats at 1.1.1.1. and for about very brief moment jumps to 0.4.4.210-220 before going back to 1.1.1.1. and playing through. it is during this brief jump that the note does not play.

do you know why this is happening?

The jumping back behavior is call Playback pre-roll and is part of how plug-in latency compensation works.

It's totally normal.

Can you attach a screenshot of your main page with the Piano roll or Even list open, viewing that first note?

yeah.523279321_ScreenShot2018-02-19at5_00_29AM.thumb.png.f87d120344bed12100180cc99d91bd8b.png

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with it though. I noticed that the note plays whenever I have the song going with my midi controller (MPK 225) turned off. Whenever I turn it back on the problem appears again.

I got into the habit of starting my cues at measure 2. What if you select everything and move it forward a measure to begin at 2,1,1,1. Same result?

No, it plays, just as you would expect it to. I don't have a problem starting at measure 2 when working, but I don't want it chopped off when I bounce it to audio after I'm finished with it.

Also it just bothers the hell out of me how it starts fine at 1.1.1.1. with the MIDI keyboard off yet when I turn it on the note gets chopped off again.

This seems like some sort of MIDI problem between the controller and Logic that is only affecting this particular project and not being able to get to the bottom of this issue is irritating me.

• 1 month later...
You can attach a version of your project here, and I'll take a quick look at it.

sorry I haven't got back to you about this yet, I've just been busy with life. I don't know how to attach the project to a message :(

also I figured that since it only happens when the MIDI controller is ON then I can just bounce it to audio when it's OFF and it will most likely work properly.