Hi guys / girls,

I seem to have a project that can't open. I've tried all advice online.

I'm getting the dreaded: The operation could not be completed. The operation could not be completed.

After trying to go in and edit the package contents it seems to be the project plist that is corrupted. All other files are inside, I just cant get it open.

If anyone has any new suggestions or would like to try opening it I'd be forever grateful.

Best regards,

Ryan

I had this happen to me a bit ago. I had some luck by choosing "show package contents" and opening the Alternatives folder. There may be (depending on how "old" the project is) mulitple folders in that folder named "000", "001" and so on. Go to one of the other backups in that folder and pull out the plist file to replace the latest one.

I would make a complete backup first so you can revert if it doesn't work.

For me, it took some trial and error, but I was able to get back to a version where I hadn't lost a ton of work - but I still had to redo some stuff.

Good luck

Have you tried importing data (tracks etc.) from it into a new project?

1. Create a new project from the empty template. Then from http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.3/#/lgcpce085447

...Do one of the following:

Choose File > Import > Logic Projects.

Click All Files in the Browser.

Locate and select the project from which you want to import data.

If using the Import dialog, the Import button becomes active.

If using the Browser pane, an Import button appears at the bottom-right corner of the pane.

Click the Import button, or double-click the project file.

The All Files Browser updates to show a Track Import view.

Select the data that you want to import by selecting the relevant checkboxes. You can filter which tracks or channel strip types are displayed using the buttons above the Track Import table.

Num(ber): Shows the track number. No number is displayed for channel strips that do not appear in the Tracks area. Folder tracks are also displayed with an entry such as 3-1, where 3 is the track number and 1 is the folder number. You can double-click a folder track to reveal its contents at the next level. Note that take folder tracks are imported with all takes and comps.

Name: Shows the track or channel strip name as it appears in the source project.

Type: Shows the track or channel strip type.

Content: Use to import the region or folder contents of a track. In the case of folder tracks, you can double-click a folder to access its individual tracks.

Plug-ins: Use to import any plug-ins and their settings, inserted in a channel strip. The plug-ins are listed in their insertion order, from the top down. For software instrument channel strips, instrument plug-ins are also imported.

Sends: Use to import any sends inserted in a channel strip, including level, routing, and all destination channel strips.

I/O: Use to import the I/O settings of a channel strip.

Note: In the case of software instrument channel strips, importing I/O settings does not include the instrument plug-in. See the Plug-ins entry above.

Auto: Use to import track automation data.

Notes: Use to import track-specific notes.

Tip: You can customize the Column view by Control-clicking the table header, then showing or hiding the columns. You can also change the column order by dragging the column headers. These settings are automatically stored with the preferences when Logic Pro is closed, and apply to all projects.

Tip: Press the Right Arrow key to select all checkboxes of the selected line, or the Left Arrow key to deselect them.

Do one of the following:

To add the selected data to the current project: Click the Add button (or hold down Command while pressing the Down Arrow key).

The tracks are added below the selected track in the Tracks area.

To replace the data of the currently selected track with the selected data from the other project: Click the Replace button.

Note: The Replace function only works when data on a single row is selected—not with multiple row selections.

When I was going through this, once I hit the import button, Logic would crash - even with a new project. So maybe I was having a different issue. The only thing that worked for me was to pull the plist from an older version.

But Erik's method is certainly worth a try first.

Are they not there, or what? Can you post a screenshot of your project? I am assuming you are not using folders option in Logic, but saving it as a package - so you only see the Logic Project? You should be able to right click on that and choose "show package contents" no?

Once you open the package in the finder, are you able to see any alternatives in folders labeled 000 or 001 and so on?

If you would like to post the project, I can try and open it here and see if I can get it to open. But I am still on 10.3 so it may not work.

I gave it my best, but I couldn't get very far. Sorry.

I wonder if you happen to have another backup of it? If you did happen to have a backup, you might be able to grab the Projectinfo.plist file and put it in the Resources folder of this one to see if that would help.

Sorry I couldn't help you out.

I gave it my best, but I couldn't get very far. Sorry.

I wonder if you happen to have another backup of it? If you did happen to have a backup, you might be able to grab the Projectinfo.plist file and put it in the Resources folder of this one to see if that would help.

Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Thank you so much for trying!

Best,

Ryan

@orangefridge - I see you are on LPX 10.4/High Sierra. Try rolling back to 10.3.3/Sierra or earlier and see what happens.

A mega pain I know... maybe you have an old machine that fits the bill. This latest app/osx upgrade combo rendered one of my projects unopenable as well. Apple knows and offered no fix.