MIDI Motif XS Fader Trouble... Channel 1

hugelittle

Hello all,

I hooked up my Motif XS to Logic Pro x (ver. 10.4) through USB Midi.

My idea is to use the Motif's PATTERN MODE to setup 16 sounds to then be accessed by Logic. Easy.

PROBLEM THAT'S DOING MY HEAD IN - I've assigned the channels etc within Logic, each controls it's own sound. However, every time I click off of Track 1 in Logic (Controlling CH 1 on the Motif) the volume jumps to 0. It's the only Channel that does this.

I haven't even recorded anything yet... no automation. I turn off automation and it still happens. I suppose I could just NOT use channel 1 but, come on this should be easy. Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh Little

Try choosing File > Project Settings > MIDI and disabling Control Change 7/10 controls Volume/Pan of channel strip objects?

Tried this just now, still having the same issue.

Thought it might be a hardware problem in the MOTIF but it works fine otherwise. Now when the track is record enabled the Fader is pushed to 0 always, even if I try to lift it on the board. But the fader within Logic shows correct but is actually at 0.