Offline Bounce works.. and Realtime bounce does not

ct1

Hey guys

I have not been able to find the reason why my offline bounce works, and my realtime bounce does not. Whatever the session,it does not work. The bounce dialog window even make Logic crash now and then, particularly when I try to change the start and end points for the bounce. Any idea ? If I can't solve this, how wil I do when offline bouncing becomes impossible for cpu reasons...

Thank you.

Update

Realtime bounce works on the default "Untitled" file provided by Logic (you know, the one with a drummer track), so it doesn't seem to be a matter of preferences file, or is it...

As to those sessions of mine, it doesn't work whatever the destination format (AIFF, Wav, mp3).

New update : I trashed the com.apple.logic10.plist and it still doesn't work.

I have another file in the preferences folder : some com.apple.logic.pro.cs that I didn't dare to touch.

Does anyone have an idea. If so, thanx...

Edited by ct1

Thank you very much for responding, triplets because I think I'm in a fix. I am a real noob with computers, but I find it a little surprising not to be able to bounce in real time since:

1) I do not receive any message of overload.

2) using activity monitor when playing the session (sure, not bouncing since it does not work), the CPU load shows : System = 1.5% User = 2.5% Idle = 95.5 %. Can the hypothesis of an overload really hold in these conditions ? (I have a Mac Pro hexacore and 32GB...) + this session has no audio track...

When I hit "Bounce" (after carefully fielding the start and end points), it doesn't even begin. The playhead skips a few bars and that's it... Sometimes a void file is created. Sometimes no file altogether...

Yeaaaaaaahh Problem solved ! After reviewing every possible flaw in the session (I really did not believe in any overload), I got the feeling that this real time bounce not even beginning reminded me of some problems of synchronisation I had experienced with other recording softwares, as if the reading and the clock were asked to record something they have not yet gone through. Some self-catching exercice in real time, if you will. Until I remember that for this first work on Logic, I had transferred a pro Tools 5 (yeah, i know...) session through MTC synchronisation process since Midi Export files were unreadable by Logic. Then the project settings > Synchronisation was set on MTC, not INTERNAL, hence the problem...

I hope this experience of mine may be of some future help to others ! But it took me somewhere between 5 and 10 hours of internet searching when in the end the only thing I had to search was my memory and common sense !