Good way of working with Time Handles?

anp27
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

I'd really like to work with the Time Handles feature more... the problem is, there is no real indicator when it's active and when it's not active, this would make so easy knowing when to toggle it On of Off. Does anyone know a clever way of working around this limitation?

There are no visual cues outside of the menu.

Yeah... sucks.

It would be pretty neat if we had configurable button on the Piano roll, similar to what we have on the Control bar.

I would be happy if it was available in the Control Bar itself, similar to the 'Nudge' button and how the nudge value is visible when you switch between the values. Or they could put a simple text menu like the 'Snap' menu in the Piano Roll. There is plenty of space to put a simple button between the yellow link icon, the Piano Roll Tools menu and that box that displays the MIDI note information:

Untitled.png.e3f18e77fcbcdc1ae0b28f052c8f7138.png

It would be so great if they provided buttons for Time Handles, Notes colored by Velocity/MIDI Region/etc.. and in the Main Window, buttons for Snap Automation value, Automation Set to Always/Never/etc or even just include those things in the Control Bar which would probably work just as well. That would actually make the Control Bar useful to me... right now I never use it and always just keep it hidden.

My idea was more along your Piano roll screenshot.

Otherwise it wouldn't be available on a Piano roll dedicated window.

Right. I hope they implement something soon. Would be so much more easier to work with this in place. I always waste a few seconds guessing, hitting my key commands, and hitting key commands again... :(

I agree the current placement of the option in the Functions menu isn't great. I always thought Time Handles should actually be a Piano Roll tool, since it changes the functionality of what you're doing with your mouse cursor. Then you could use a key command to switch to the Time Handles, and you'd see it selected in the Tool menu in the PR's menu bar without the need for an additional button.

I always thought Time Handles should actually be a Piano Roll tool, since it changes the functionality of what you're doing with your mouse cursor. Then you could use a key command to switch to the Time Handles, and you'd see it selected in the Tool menu in the PR's menu bar without the need for an additional button.

Excellent point!