MIDI PRG CHANGE ---> META EVENT goToMarker

jverdaguer

Hi Group,

I have been trying for several hours to map MIDI IN: program change to a Meta Event: go to marker.

The idea is to be able to send a MIDI program change message to LOGIC X from my controller and interpret it as a META EVENT: go to marker. As you probably guessed, each marker is a song and my idea is to be able to send a Program Change from Mainstage and LOGIC to jump to the corresponding song.

Mainstage sends a midi message [program change] that is received by LOGIC and according to the data jump to a specific MARKER.

But for now, it will suffice this scenario: Oxygen61 Controller ----> Logic X, If i press a prg change on the Oxygen, Logic map that event to a META Event: go to Marker (prg. change number)

Any help would be very well received.

Thank you very much,

Jaime.

You don't say what you've tried?

I would start by opening the MIDI environment, go to the Click and Ports layer, choose New > Transformer and cable the transformer in the signal flow between the Physical input and the Sequencer input. Set the Transformer so that the condition matches the program change event your keyboard is sending, and set the operation to turn that into the desired meta event.

If you can detail what you've tried and what result you're seeing we can help further. It's a good idea to add a monitor at the output of your Transformer to check what the Transformer is outputting.

David, that worked!!! When I send a Prg Change I can see the Header moving to the assigned Marker. I am new to the MIDI environment, so I am trying to understand the logic behind it. Now, I want to create several of these transformations (for each marker, around 30) then I will need to create 30 of those boxes and connect them in a series? I did that already with only 2 boxes and it worked. Is this the right approach?

Thank you very much.

Jaime.

1702666887_ScreenShot2018-02-23at8_06_19AM.png.a3165a54643a20266e2a264676429449.png

Great! Both methods are working.... Thank you very much. I think I will be able now to use my keyboard connected to computer#1 to also control LOGIC X on computer#2. (Mainstage has the backing tracks capabilities, but using the same computer in a live environment as a soft-synth and also as a backing tracks player I think is too risky. Now, it will be on 2 computers each one with a specific purpose and a single keyboard controller for both.

Thank you very much again.

Jaime.