SP-2 sustain pedal stopped working

zenoreilly

First, the facts:

Logic Pro 10.4.1

High Sierra 10.13.3

M-Audio Keystation 49e

M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal

- Problem originated in Logic 10.2.x and Sierra 10.12.6 (worked fine until a week ago).

- Did the upgrade as a result of the pedal not working, no change.

- Position of polarity switch, nothing.

- Cleared all settings on Keystation, nothing.

- Logic "gets" the CC64 as it should, shows 0 off and 127 on (or vice-versa if I flip the polarity switch).

- Removed all control surfaces, no difference.

- Changing keyboards doesn't change anything (through my Novation it behaves the same, shows it's receiving in Logic but doesn't work).

- Dragged the logic.pro.cs file from ~/Library/Preferences to the desktop and restarted, no change.

- Everything works as it should in Ableton Live on the same Mac (Ableton wasn't installed when the problem first manifested so there were no DAW conflicts).

I haven't tried tweaking the MIDI itself to change the note duration (in fact I haven't made any MIDI changes at all), or do I plan to because really, I shouldn't have to. Searching the web gives me solutions from 2010 that don't apply, or user error.

To be clear, it works on the exact same setup in Ableton. The issue is definitely within Logic Pro.

First, the facts:

Logic Pro 10.4.1

High Sierra 10.13.3

M-Audio Keystation 49e

M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal

- Problem originated in Logic 10.2.x and Sierra 10.12.6 (worked fine until a week ago).

- Did the upgrade as a result of the pedal not working, no change.

- Position of polarity switch, nothing.

- Cleared all settings on Keystation, nothing.

- Logic "gets" the CC64 as it should, shows 0 off and 127 on (or vice-versa if I flip the polarity switch).

- Removed all control surfaces, no difference.

- Changing keyboards doesn't change anything (through my Novation it behaves the same, shows it's receiving in Logic but doesn't work).

- Dragged the logic.pro.cs file from ~/Library/Preferences to the desktop and restarted, no change.

- Everything works as it should in Ableton Live on the same Mac (Ableton wasn't installed when the problem first manifested so there were no DAW conflicts).

I haven't tried tweaking the MIDI itself to change the note duration (in fact I haven't made any MIDI changes at all), or do I plan to because really, I shouldn't have to. Searching the web gives me solutions from 2010 that don't apply, or user error.

To be clear, it works on the exact same setup in Ableton. The issue is definitely within Logic Pro.

First, the rules (lol) :P

Put your "facts" on your signature so we all know your setup. It's easier ;)

Thanks

So what's the problem? Your sustain pedal is not working?

• 2 years later...

Use a MIDI Monitor to see if the P6 is sending CC64 messages to your Mac.

If not seeing CC64 messages, go into Internal mode, press the button for Setup, select Control Edit and then start using the pedal. The screen should indicate that it sees the pedal and wil show what MIDI message it will transmit. You want it set to CC64.

If the P6 does not recognize the pedal at all, then it might be broken.