Is there an Environment template for this?

Cobalt19

Have deleted the text of this post as it’s not necessary to ask the question, plus I don’t know how to delete the whole post.

Finally, after about ten years of tinkering and working with a low level understanding of Logic, I found someone on YouTube tonight who actually clearly and simply explained what Logic Environment is in outline and how it relates to the Arrange Page and Mixer, none of which I have ever had clarified before. “Result!”.. as they say! I have a lot to learn but his tutorials are really good. I will hold back on so many questions here as I realise this Forum is aimed at a much higher level understanding than the basics, probably why so many of my recent questions are not being responded to - it’s probably too far beneath the average Users experience on this Forum. However, I might still have a few dumb questions to ask, but please know they are all driven from a genuine desire to understand.

Sure - just need to figure out how to get URL links on here, as there is no instruction manual I can find here on how to use the Edit functions on this Board. Something else which is beneath the level of most Users here perhaps but is a stretch for me - makes me feel stupid having to ask such basic questions. Will try to figure it out though.

These are the YouTube tutorials that worked for my simple tastes. An informal approach that finally helped me understand the absolute basics of the Logic Environment - a number of tutorial videos by a guy called David Earl (‘sflogicninja’):-

Environment Part 1 of 2

Environment Part 2 of 2

NJU8ygDdaqc

External MIDI - Part 1 of 3

iS_YS-waARU

External MIDI - Part 2 of 3

9hn-awgsQ-M

External MIDI - Part 3 of 3

Aep8weSLsrY

Thank you Mr Earl!

I will hold back on so many questions here as I realise this Forum is aimed at a much higher level understanding than the basics, probably why so many of my recent questions are not being responded to - it’s probably too far beneath the average Users experience on this Forum.

No, no no! Please don't hold back. I'm sorry to hear your questions weren't answered, sometimes this happens in a community of users... but there's no minium level or anything like that to ask questions here. You can ask the most basic of questions, no worries. :D

Ok, that is good to know a David. I fear my dumb questions are ignored because I ask very basic things.

I am grateful for the help on this Forum, and I do search the net regularly for answers to questions too, although surprisingly they do not always find an answer.

I still cannot find a clear explanation of exactly how Midi Clock is treated by Logic for example, and what stops merged midi signals from suffering from interference. No-one seems to be able to clearly explain how it works and why Clock does not loop back through the DAW to create chaos at instrument level. Also, why do Audio Tracks on the Arrange page have a Midi channel assigned to them? What is the point?

No-one seems to be able to clearly explain how it works and why Clock does not loop back through the DAW to create chaos at instrument level. Also, why do Audio Tracks on the Arrange page have a Midi channel assigned to them? What is the point?

Do you already have open topics for those questions? If you don't, feel free to open new topics for those new questions since they are not related to this thread's topic. Just trying to keep things organized: each topic in its own thread, so it's easier to browse, search, and easier for search engines to index.

Thanks!