Irrtating Hui Module

jze

Hallo all,

I'm a relativly new user to logic and I'm using logic express on a 1.33 ghz ibook. I've been getting a irritating alarm from logic telling me when that module HUI cannot load.I don't have any HUI interface, but I'm using a Motormix to control my other softwares, so i have to have it on. But this irritating message keeps appearing! How do i get rid of this message?

I've turned off all the options in the tab next to automation but it still persists.

i don't have my computer with me now and i'm not online at home, so i can't refer but will try at home and write again if it works or not.

thanks

jze

this is then really strange. i've tried once to remove all the midi devices, but still it pops up. then alarming me that i don't have all the modules installed. ok.. the fight is not over yet, i'll tried this again and write back tomorrow.

thanks c u tomorrow

hi, i don't know why, but the only help for this problem is to turn off motormix when i'm using Logic Express. Thus cause logic to chill and not bother me such alarms. As i'm using the motormix with kyma and I realised that the informative help with connecting kyma and logic is only for pro users. so i guess there's no chance of me using the 2 together.

just for your info under logic express, the motormix is not supported. which i think it's really a pity, don't understand why, but it's so. the external instruments are also for Pro users only. looks like I've to save up for logic pro. ;-( for now.

A little off topic, is there a way to record midi notes in kyma? I've not gone that far yet, but i did some searches but didn't find any answer. maybe someone can guide me on the right track?

thanks

jze

As i'm using the motormix with kyma and I realised that the informative help with connecting kyma and logic is only for pro users. so i guess there's no chance of me using the 2 together.

You can still use the 2 together, you just don't have the benefit of the external instrument plug-in. Simply create a multi-instrument for Kyma and create MIDI tracks for it. Then record it's output on an audio track when you want to.

It would help if you could describe your MIDI setup, cabling, patchbays, etc. I hadn't realized that LE didn't support the Motormix, but that's not an issue as it's far more useful when dedicated to Kyma. If you haven't yet updated to OS 10.4.10, then the AVC driver for your Flame is probably your best option as this will give you direct access in Logic to the Capybara's MIDI. Then just plug the Motormix into the Capy's MIDI ports.

Yes, you should upgrade to Logic Pro at your earliest convenience.

thanks for the quick reply fader8. yes I've just read the tweaky site on using the AVC driver. funny thing, i didn't get capybara in my options in audi/mid preferences, even after installing the beta driver. but i'll check again. i think i updated with the 0704 update not the 0703 update. maybe there is a difference. but i will check again, when i get home.

yes i will describe my setup.

This is how i've setup my instruments and softwares.

All ins and outs are connected to a Motu Express 4in & 6out. That includes, Capybara, Cs1x, P-150 and Nord Modular (midi in & out). the 2 outs on the motu are left unplugged. Then i have a Midisport 2x2 which connects up to the Motormix and the Nord Modular (data in & out). Upon using Kyma, I run a Midi Patchbay software that connect the Motormix kyma. In Kyma everything runs fine. I get to and fro midi signals to motormix and i can send the nord midi notes to Kyma.

So when i start logic express, i have to turn off motormix so that the alarm doesn't bother me. it's a little inconvient but ok. that's life. ;-)

Yes after reading all about Convolution and Impule Response, logic pro seem to be a reasonable upgrade. But i might try my hand with kyma first, to see if it could work.

jze

thanks for the quick reply fader8. yes I've just read the tweaky site on using the AVC driver. funny thing, i didn't get capybara in my options in audi/mid preferences, even after installing the beta driver.

Did you restart for a hardware reset of the firewire bus?

On your setup, does the Motu patchbay/interface allow you to block certain MIDI ports/channels to the Mac? I recall the old Clockworks software for OS9 did. That way you could keep the Motormix from announcing itself to Logic Express.

ja, i was just thinking about that. i don't know. i don't think i have clockworks for os.x. what i would like to try is;

could someone send me a copy of motomix midi device plugin in logic/show packages/ midi devices/ motormix under Logic PRO the latest version? I would like to try to see if loading a newer version recognises the motormix in logic express. i hope that asking this isn't breaking laws.

i will try to setup kyma in logic express and report.

thanks for the very informative reply. it has help me a lot and calm my nerves!

thanks a million logic forum!

could someone send me a copy of motomix midi device plugin in logic/show packages/ midi devices/ motormix under Logic PRO the latest version? I would like to try to see if loading a newer version recognises the motormix in logic express. i hope that asking this isn't breaking laws.

I doubt it would break any policy. It's just a troubleshooting step. You probably still won't be able to configure it as a control surface anyway but maybe it will make that message go away. PM me your email address and I'll send it along.