Loading tunings

jeffkingfisher

I have found the tuning folder, full of dozens of lovely .scl files - and in fact just saved a temperament of my own creation to said same folder. When I open up Tuning in Project Settings, however, NONE of those lovely temperaments can be found. The only temperaments available are equal; "user"—which only allows for adjusting each of 12 tones by cents; and hermode. Where's the dang list? The only info I can find anywhere references logic 9 or earlier. Thanks!

I don't know where you guys are looking, but I have a plethora of tunings; always had. LP 8 and 9 also had it. It is odd that Jeff sees so few of them. Do you have all advanced settings enabled, Jeff?

1790135692_pic2018-05-24at09_45_22.thumb.PNG.516ea72ffa2265e455ef761a1119eff4.PNG

...looking in Users/"me"/Music/Audio Music Apps I see those .scl files, so Logic does indeed see and use those.

1280863494_pic2018-05-24at09_50_07.thumb.PNG.a78a0a0d286ffb48585124f5734e0248.PNG

• Like 1

I don't know where you guys are looking, but I have a plethora of tunings; always had. LP 8 and 9 also had it. It is odd that Jeff sees so few of them. Do you have all advanced settings enabled, Jeff?

pic 2018-05-24 at 09.45.22.PNG

...looking in Users/"me"/Music/Audio Music Apps I see those .scl files, so Logic does indeed see and use those.

pic 2018-05-24 at 09.50.07.PNG

In my computer, I don't have any *.scl files in the location you indicate, nor a "Tuning Tables" folder as it appears on your Finder's screen capture.

There are however many scales in my Logic's Tuning pref menu similar to those showing on your Logic's screen capture.

BTW, have you noticed that the scales listed do not exactly correspond between your two screen captures?

Scala (*.tun) files and Logic scale (*.scl) are very different. The former encompass the tuning of every one of the 127 MIDI note pitches), while Logic's is limited to the 12 ones from a transposing chromatic scale...

I think that creating an algorythm to translate Scala's to Logic's scale format would be possible (in some cases) but would yield an approximate result only at best...

• 8 months later...

Hi Folks,

I have looked and looked, and I simply can't find the Tuning Tables folder. I do however have all the tunings available to me in Logic, I just can't find the darn folder where they live!

I'd like to experiment with a .scl file I made in Scala and see how it works. It's driving me nuts - Where the heck is the folder!?

I'm on OSX 10.11.6, Logic 10.2.4

Any tips greatly appreciated!

• 5 months later...
A tag-on question is if anyone knows if there are hermode.scl files accessible? The .scl format is the base for ARIA player tunings, but for some reason the Tuning tables folder does not contain any hermode. I would love some help, can't seem to find a download either.

• 3 years later...