LXP & mojave (mac os 10.14)

fisherking

this is what i found (but you should google this a bit to be sure...) - iMac (Late 2012 or later)

I found this:

Availability

The developer preview of macOS Mojave is available to Apple Developer Program members at developer.apple.com starting today, and a public beta program will be available to Mac users in late June at beta.apple.com. macOS Mojave will be available this fall as a free software update for Macs introduced in mid-2012 or later, plus 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards. Some features may not be available in all regions or languages.

mid-2012 or later :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So i'm stuck with High Sierra.

When developers see changes in some fundamental "wiring" in

the OS, they can't say where or when, but it's safe to expect

that some problems will appear. I'm forever puzzled by the way

many Apple users are eager to mess up a working system w/

no need to do so. What's the motive? Is this always on a "spare"?

When developers see changes in some fundamental "wiring" in

the OS, they can't say where or when, but it's safe to expect

that some problems will appear. I'm forever puzzled by the way

many Apple users are eager to mess up a working system w/

no need to do so. What's the motive? Is this always on a "spare"?

i work on the same macs that i run betas on; have since the public beta program started (i always clone my macs with CCC first, in case). and i've had challenges, issues. i've had fun too... i enjoy the challenges, and have gotten thru every one. i always get my real work done.

there are always problems, even in a 'finished' OS; hence, forums like this. but i enjoy diving in, moving forward, and... i have the right to do so. i like exploring what's next, & there are people here who appreciate the advance reports i, and other brave (or foolhardy) souls make.

to each his (or her) own 8-)

are you using nightshit? the best thing ever.

I know, right? Nothing like a good dump in the middle of the night :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

so, there is a reason to have "check spelling" on (i never use it). or, it was intentional, and you're the only one who got it. guess we'll never know...

any findings on MainStage by chance?

okay, I did this myself.

not extensive testing at all, but MS opens, runs, opens one of my HEAVY concert file that uses VEP to break out to two mac mini's acting as hosts.

so, MS, running locally, hosting standard plugs, but also a couple of intances of Kontakt, EXS, Omni, all good. And then as already mentioned, the two minis that run VEP server but that are still on High Sierra worked.

I quickly tried to run VEP Server on the Mojave machine but it hung... Not sure why, and didn't retry.

Will look into this further at a later moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone on UAD Apollo and/or Komplete MK2 drivers working correctly?

I can confirm that the UAD drivers and plugins function fine on my 2018 i7 macbook pro running the latest public beta 10 of Mojave. I am running an Arrow but that wont operate any differently than an Apollo I'm sure. LPX functioning as expected, if anything theboS feels much snappier and I am LOVING dark mode...just needs to overlay all webpages now lol

Anyone on UAD Apollo and/or Komplete MK2 drivers working correctly?

I can confirm that the UAD drivers and plugins function fine on my 2018 i7 macbook pro running the latest public beta 10 of Mojave. I am running an Arrow but that wont operate any differently than an Apollo I'm sure. LPX functioning as expected, if anything theboS feels much snappier and I am LOVING dark mode...just needs to overlay all webpages now lol

I installed it today. Logic Pro X, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, my Apogee Element 24 software, UAD plug-ins, Kontakt, Play, Engine, UVI Workstation, all fine. So far. :)

Can you please confirm what UA interface you are using and if youcan ACTUALLY record from the interface into your DAW. Ispoke too soon OR I just didnt do a proper reinstall of the driver software because EVERYTHING worked fine EXCEPT for actually recording into Logic.....even though the console software shows that I am recieving a signal and I can hear it coking through my monitors, upon arming a track with the selected input it does not register what console is hearing. The one thing that matters most and it actually wasnt working lol

EVERYTHING worked fine EXCEPT for actually recording into Logic.....even though the console software shows that I am recieving a signal and I can hear it coking through my monitors, upon arming a track with the selected input it does not register what console is hearing.

I can confirm that recording audio into Logic isn't working for me either with the recent Mojave release. I use an Apollo Twin Duo (TB) primarily, plugins are working and everything. However, I can't record any audio. I even tried out my Apogee One which IS Mojave supported but it couldn't record audio either, so I'm convinced that it's a Mojave thing.

It's back to my Time Machine High Sierra backup...

EDIT: Recording audio works correctly in Mojave. You need to allow Microphone Access to Logic Pro X under System Preferences / Security & Privacy/ Privacy for audio recording to work correctly.

Edited by anp27

EVERYTHING worked fine EXCEPT for actually recording into Logic.....even though the console software shows that I am recieving a signal and I can hear it coking through my monitors, upon arming a track with the selected input it does not register what console is hearing.

I can confirm that recording audio into Logic isn't working for me either with the recent Mojave release. I use an Apollo Twin Duo (TB) primarily, plugins are working and everything. However, I can't record any audio. I even tried out my Apogee One which IS Mojave supported but it couldn't record audio either, so I'm convinced that it's a Mojave thing.

reboot? reset the pram, smc? reinstall any interface drivers? i don't record here (we do vocals elsewhere), but my apogee Mic records just fine...

maybe worth investigating before you revert to HS. see what others report, but i know a couple of audio people on mojave, and there are others on this forum... and does not seem to be a widespread issue.

It is counter intuitive since you are not using the built in mic, but you have to go into your System Preferences and choose Security & Privacy > Privacy and allow Logic Pro X to access your microphone.

1717581915_ScreenShot2018-09-26at7_38_21PM.png.d20a91cd28049699bce4599a982704d8.png

reboot? reset the pram, smc? reinstall any interface drivers?

I tried all of the above.

It is counter intuitive since you are not using the built in mic, but you have to go into your System Preferences and choose Security & Privacy > Privacy and allow Logic Pro X to access your microphone.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! So glad that I don't have to revert! Thank God I took the time to ask the forum first :)

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 7.38.21 PM.png

i must have checked that early on in the betas; i see that logic x is also checked in the accessibility row in privacy; did you have to do that too? or did the system set that up..? interesting that logic x shows up in the photos row, contacts calendars (!) as well (here, all 3 are unchecked).

I can't say for certain, but since I updated to Mojave yesterday, I cannot get any sound into Logic through my Apogee Duet. The meters on the Duet register a signal, the output works, but neither mic, nor instrument inputs on the Duet will get sound into Logic (or GuitarRig for that matter). I've updated firmware and software on my Duet, to the very latest, and no dice.

If you have a Duet, I'd hold out on updating just yet. I can't confirm it was the update, but nothing like what's happening has ever happened before, so chances are.

I've sent Apogee an email, we'll see what comes back.