LXP & mojave (mac os 10.14)

fisherking

I can't say for certain, but since I updated to Mojave yesterday, I cannot get any sound into Logic through my Apogee Duet. The meters on the Duet register a signal, the output works, but neither mic, nor instrument inputs on the Duet will get sound into Logic (or GuitarRig for that matter). I've updated firmware and software on my Duet, to the very latest, and no dice.

If you have a Duet, I'd hold out on updating just yet. I can't confirm it was the update, but nothing like what's happening has ever happened before, so chances are.

I've sent Apogee an email, we'll see what comes back.

What the previous poster said, and also there’s a new 2.5 driver for the Duet. I had 2.0 installed so it seems to be a new one. It didn’t change much as I’m still on HS but there might be something with Mojave.

Blink

Did you see this post, maybe you have the same problem?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137558&start=40#p713590

YES! Thank you so much. I read through this thread, but I guess it was before that post was made. Or I somehow missed it. Yes, that is indeed the problem and the solution offered fixed it immediately. Cheers.

Relieved.

Strange to have to allow built-in microphone use, when you are not choosing the microphone. Anyway, this is solved. I'm sure a lot of people will be confused by this, and then relieved to find this thread.

Thanks to however found the solution.

I haven't upgraded to Mojave yet so I'm still running High Sierra. Upon reading through this thread and checking out my Security & Privacy options I've discovered that there is no Microphone listed in the Location Services menu. Will Microphone automatically appear with the Mojave upgrade?

• 11 months later...

After having updated to Mojave i get cpu overload every time i play. I did not get cpu overload before having upgraded.

I had to update my computer because I need to use the latest versions of xcode and ios simulator.

This is very sad. I have turned off pretty much every plugin in my projects to see how it performs and I still get cpu overload.

Before updating I could run heavy plugins, such as analog tape emulators and tons of analog compressors or whatever, but now it overloads without plugins on the tracks.

Edited by t-ride

After having updated to Mojave i get cpu overload every time i play.

Go to Logic/Preferences/Audio/Multihreading. Switch between "Playback and Live Tracks" and "Playback Tracks".

Thanks a thousand times for showing me this. I had no idea about this option. So pb live must have become the default setting after upgrading? I dunno, but anyways it seems to work now so I am very happy :)

Go to Logic/Preferences/Audio/Multihreading. Switch between "Playback and Live Tracks" and "Playback Tracks".

Thanks a thousand times for showing me this. I had no idea about this option. So pb live must have become the default setting after upgrading? I dunno, but anyways it seems to work now so I am very happy :)

No problem, glad to help! I faced the same problem too when I first upgraded and was frustrated beyond belief as well. I don't know exactly how or why it works and I've never fiddled with that option before either... I just found the solution here on this forum and it worked.

• 2 months later...

No problem, glad to help! I faced the same problem too when I first upgraded and was frustrated beyond belief as well. I don't know exactly how or why it works and I've never fiddled with that option before either... I just found the solution here on this forum and it worked.

Haha yeah it's unbelievable that they put that option as some kind of default after upgrade. Thanks a lot again :P

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue, with Mojave, Logic 10.5, the interfase U-Phoria UMC404, I can see the signal showing in the interfase, and coming through the speakers and headphones, but in the Logic faders there is nothing.. when I click on record, nothing is recording.. the most frustrating is that it was working fine and then suddenly stopped working

I came across with this thread which seems like the similar problem but in my Privacy tab is checked.. this is confusing, does it have to be checked or unchecked? I tried both and didn't notice any changes

2143440837_Screenshot2021-05-02at01_01_50.thumb.png.2ef15a4d5b1b81e35dc938c8fe985f5c.png

any ideas?? thanks!!