"Negative Delay" and Sidechain/Key Input

Rambird
Go to solution Solved by Rambird,

Hey you guys im new here im looking for a solution for a problem i have using sidechain compression in Logic.

I am using Battery 4 in Multi-Output mode. The plan was to have the the Kick which triggers the Compressor hit earlier than the actual Kick which is heard in the Mix because normal sidechain compression in logic feels kind of "too late" for me (even when im using peak mode on the compressor). I duplicated the (Multi-Output) Track which the Kick is sent to from Battery, but it seems like i can only negative the Kick by -99 Ticks (which isn't much is it?). I can't change the Delay to ms on the Multi-Output Tracks, only on the normal Tracks. Sending to an Aux doesn't work since i can't delay the Aux.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem an can help me out here? :)

cheers

I duplicated the (Multi-Output) Track which the Kick is sent to from Battery, but it seems like i can only negative the Kick by -99 Ticks

You should be able to go further down.. but in any case what you're doing is going to create a mess as you're triggering the same instrument so you'll hear the second kick as well.

I would recommend you instead copy the MIDI sequences onto a new track with a new instrument (could be a klopfgeist) that's used purely to trigger the compressor's side chain.

Good idea - i solved it a similar way! But i didn't trigger it twice since i pulled down the fader on the second instance. The signal still arrived since it was sent prefader. You can try it though - on the multi-output there was no way for me to go lower then -99 Ticks maybe its a bug ;/

i didn't trigger it twice since i pulled down the fader on the second instance. The signal still arrived since it was sent prefader.

I see, I originally thought you were using a single instrument.

You can try it though - on the multi-output there was no way for me to go lower then -99 Ticks maybe its a bug ;/

Just tried it in the Region inspector on a region located on a multi-output Ultrabeat instrument, I can go down to -999 ticks here.

• 8 months later...