Automation not working

MarkBanana
Go to solution Solved by MarkBanana,

Logic Pro x 10.4.1

hi

for some reason automation isn't working in the sense that it doesn't seem to read what is on the screen. I left the problem alone, and when I booted up logic again all my regions have been replaced with green bars which simply say 'automation' on them. switching to and from automation mode doesn't get rid of them. I can still hear the music in the background but I can't see anything, and the automation still doesn't function properly. please help!

kind regards

mark

Hi,

all my regions have been replaced with green bars which simply say 'automation' on them

This means you opened a new Main Window while having some automation selected and the Automation Event List was open. Doing this will display any automation you may have on your tracks as regions in this other window which is actually one level above (see pic) your normal Main Window.

612439246_ScreenShot2018-08-31at21_53_53.png.2fc18a1c0ddeda7cd8154c7aefb40d6f.png

for some reason automation isn't working in the sense that it doesn't seem to read what is on the screen

Hard to say without seeing hat you have in front of you. A screen shot would help.

J.