pobinr
Go to solution Solved by blinkofani,

Talk about false advertising…

Plug-ins and Sounds

Plug-ins

69 effect plug-ins including Pedalboard, which includes 35 stompboxes

23 software instrument plug-ins

9 MIDI plug-ins

Custom instrument-tuning system including 97 fixed tuning presets, equal-tempered, custom and Hermode tuning

18 instrument and effect plug-ins with True Surround support

Sound Library

2894 Patches for Audio, Auxiliary, Software Instrument and Output tracks

7238 Apple Loops covering a wide range of genres

991 EXS24 Sampler instruments

4161 plug-in settings for 101 plug-ins

38 Ultrabeat electronic drum kits with 950 unique drum sounds

1060 reverb spaces and warped effects for Space Designer

54 groove patterns for Arpeggiator MIDI plug-in

Blink

Jordi Torres Thank you

Still can't see effects or plug ins in any menu & instructions you linked to, don't say where to go in menu !

The article I linked to also includes a link to another article that should shed some light if you read it:

For information about using effect plug-ins, see Plug-ins overview.

Unlike Audacity that's so easy

It will also be easy once you open your mind to taking some minutes to learn the basics! Check the manual, go to youtube if you're into that kind of learning!

Right now it really sounds like you're refusing to help yourself and accept that Logic and Audacity are different programs:

Audacity is an audio editor. Logic is a complete digital audio workstation. And true, there's some overlap between the two, but still different.

Happy learning!

J.

Had no probs with Audacity. Didn't even need to look at instructions it's so ergonomic & intuitive.

However in addition to not being very intuitive, the instructions on Logic aren't too good. Neither are most Youtube vids.

I agree with you that Logic's published docs could definitely be improved.

Audacity's interface userfriendliness is largely due to the fact it is relatively limited compared to Logic in terms of features.

Mastering Logic is not mandatory to use it, however, the better your knowledge, the more you can do. If you are in music production or composition or wishing to go where no one has gone before, Logic is a formidable tool to experiment also. All in all, learning curve could be steep, but Logic will take you where you could not imagine yet.

If I enquire about which version that's all i get as per above. Can't be that critical can it?

Sorry, I had missed the Logic screen capture part.

Have you considered updating Logic Pro to its most recent version (v.10.4.1)? It's free, and contains many improvements and corrections since its release and since v.10.3.2

Not sure what you mean exactly by copy-pasting an audio track?

In Logic, we copy/paste regions, not tracks...

Are you referring to copy/paste an audio region? Are you working in the track main area or from within the audio editor?

If you are working in the main track area, does Flex is enabled on that audio track?

Does that track's channelstrip has Fxs (reverb, delay, fuzz, etc...) instantiated?

What are you trying to do exactly?

Perhaps posting a screen capture of your project could help clarify...

Two audio tracks. I need to insert silence into end of one of them

Have highlighted region in yellow bar at top

Have selected the top track so highlighted light grey on the left

When I click on silence icon, it removes the region highlighted yellow from both tracks

How can I just insert silence on the top track only ?

1) Choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit.

2) Search for "silence".

3) Assign "Insert Silence Between Locators (Selection)" to your favorite key combo.

4) Select only the top region (not track, region) and use your newly assigned key command.