Volume swell effect

kevin_jazz

I'd like to create a volume swell effect in Logic in real-time using my guitar and guitar amp pro without having to use a volume pedal.

Does anyone know how to do that in Logic? I was looking at the gain plugin. If there was some way to sidechain it so that the gain would rise evenly once the string is plucked (it gets a signal).

Does anyone else have an idea?

Thanks,

Kevin

Do you mean violining? Well, I can think of a few, most of them quite tedious and long. What you could try is creating an automation volume envelope and copying it to ever note that you want to swell.. This way you would get perfectly even swells, but if you want something different, you could change it a bit to give it a slightly more human feel. Another way to do this would be to play around with EnVerb, I'm pretty sure you could get some fun effects out of that. Or you could reverse your notes. These last two are more 'special effects' though, and if you want a simple volume swell, then I would suggest volume automation. Best, L

• 2 years later...

I found that one instance of the Enveloper was insufficient for the vibe we wanted for a particular song we were working on -- ended up stacking 6 or 7 of them in order to get a slow enough attack (200 milliseconds is the max with one instance). Then you have to adjust the gains -- even with 0db gain on each there were some breakup artifacts without seeing a lot of level on the input.

If you happen to have Native Instruments' Guitar Rig then use the Enveloper.

Tom