The logic region colors look pale and dull

stpro

I staying too long at the computer and I don't want my eyes to get tired therefore I already reduce the monitor brightness settings , If ı do this in this case all colors look dark and dull, therefore colors are losing vitality. I need a brighter and shaper color palette.

maybe logic colors in the software look a bit faded, example regions colors pale.

Faded or pale wouldn't be my choice of adjectives to describe region colors in Logic?

region-colors-logic.png

They are less saturated than i.e. cubase or studio one.

It can easily be changed with LPX Colorizer but i personally think the less saturated color works well when working for extended period of time.

another way to handle it is to write your own shell script that basically updates the colors in LPX. you can change almost anything this way, but here is how to change the colors in the color palette. execute the following on the command line or put into a shell script file to execute easily in the future:

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:01:BaseHue 0" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:02:BaseHue 10" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:03:BaseHue 20" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:04:BaseHue 30" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:05:BaseHue 35" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:06:BaseHue 40" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:07:BaseHue 45" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:08:BaseHue 50" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:09:BaseHue 55" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:10:BaseHue 60" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:11:BaseHue 65" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:12:BaseHue 70" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:13:BaseHue 80" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:14:BaseHue 90" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:15:BaseHue 100" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:16:BaseHue 110" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:17:BaseHue 125" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:18:BaseHue 140" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:19:BaseHue 180" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:20:BaseHue 190" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:21:BaseHue 200" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:22:BaseHue 210" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:23:BaseHue 220" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:24:BaseHue 230" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

If you want to understand what the color values are, its 0-359 Use this website to see the colors: https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/color-wheel.html

If you want to adjust the brightness and saturation of the color palette, as I did, then use these(values are 1-100):

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:baseBrightness 33" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:baseSaturation 33" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:brightnessDiff 12" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:saturationDiff 20" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:groups 5" /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

The above gives the following color palette.

colors.jpg.d00f1542414e686907f7ac99d6cbeb45.jpg

For those so inclined, here is my full script as of today, in a more readable bash script form. You can easily tweak this script to change your color palette to any combination you want. You can also have other aspects of LPX colors modified by simply including the relevant key value pairs. Whenever I update LPX, I just run this script to bring in my custom color palette.

#!/bin/bash
PLIST=/Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist
CMD="/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c"

if [ ! -f "$PLIST" ]
then
  echo "Error: Logic Pro X expected to be found in /Applications folder"
  exit 1
fi

while read line
do
   $CMD "Set $line" "$PLIST"
done <<EOB
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:baseBrightness 33
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:baseSaturation 33
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:brightnessDiff 12
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:saturationDiff 20
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:Values:groups 5
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:01:BaseHue 0
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:02:BaseHue 10
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:03:BaseHue 20
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:04:BaseHue 30
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:05:BaseHue 35
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:06:BaseHue 40
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:07:BaseHue 45
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:08:BaseHue 50
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:09:BaseHue 55
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:10:BaseHue 60
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:11:BaseHue 65
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:12:BaseHue 70
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:13:BaseHue 80
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:14:BaseHue 90
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:15:BaseHue 100
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:16:BaseHue 110
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:17:BaseHue 125
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:18:BaseHue 140
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:19:BaseHue 180
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:20:BaseHue 190
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:21:BaseHue 200
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:22:BaseHue 210
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:23:BaseHue 220
:AssetSets:Colors:Regions:24:BaseHue 230
EOB

If you wanted to also, for example, have the bright piano roll made a bit darker then default, try adding something like this:

:AssetSets:Colors:PianoRoll:BackgroundBlackKey_Bright sRGBColor:{170,170,160,100}
:AssetSets:Colors:PianoRoll:BackgroundWhiteKey_Bright sRGBColor:{200,200,195,100}

• 1 year later...

Not sure, haven't tried them in a long time since I purchase LPXColorizer, and he basically communicated with me and built the same functionality into LPXColorizer. But anyway, i put that script in a more complete form up on GitLab a few years ago, give it a try...backup LogicPro and try it out, won't hurt. but I highly recommend LPXColorizer...

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/logicthemetools

LPXColorizer is supposedly not compatible with 10.5 yet, but I have used it to adjust my color palette and it works perfectly, it also provides nice editor to create totally custom color palette, and even add a few more rows to the palette also.

• 4 months later...
maybe logic colors in the software look a bit faded, example regions colors pale. Blue and green hues look very matte also red, but the studio one region colors are not matt and they look very bright and beautiful. what can be the reason for this.

753998d1530898041-presonus-studio-one-4-professional-studio-one-main-s1-1.jpg

There is a Studio One theme that comes with LPXColorizer V2 :)

You can check a preview here