10.4.2 update released

Multispace

What’s New in Logic Pro X 10.4.2

The Sound Library can be relocated to an external storage device

Smart Tempo can analyze tempo data across multi-track recordings to define the Project Tempo

Imported multi-track stems can follow or define Project Tempo

Smart Tempo now analyzes the tempo of MIDI performances recorded without a metronome

Alchemy provides drag and drop hot zones that let you select re-synthesis and sampling options while importing audio

Alchemy allows numerical editing of parameter values

Dragging one automation point over another now aligns them vertically

New mixer mode allows channel strip fader and pan controls to be used to set send level and pan

Automatic Slurs can be applied to selected notes in the Score Editor

Add a photo to track or project notes to help remember key session details or studio hardware settings

This update also contains numerous stability and performance improvements

"The Cycle Through Used Parameters command in the Piano Roll now only shows region-based automation parameters contained in the currently selected region."

A profound relief for those who use multiple regions of numerous channels and varying CC's on long tracks. "Cycle Through Used Parameters" is again a time-saver in edit windows, particularly Piano Roll.

yay, got the sound library off of my main drive (again), finally. & lots of fixes. nice!

Do you know if this means logic will stop automatically downloading sounds? For example, I moved my sound library to my external drive before but when rushing to get an idea down I would forget to plug in my external and get the downloading of sounds.

Why oh why are so many fixes necessary with each update???????

it's always been like this, and probably always will be. new features, changes bring new issues. this is true for all software, and why every app, and every OS is a constant work-in-progress.

the good news is that apple keeps at it, and we get these updates. there may be versions of logic where your experience seems 'perfect', but it's all relative. like life (and sorry to get so serious), software is a journey, not a destination :idea:

Please check this possible bug in 4.2: Create an Environment Fader with the style "Text" or "numerical". Hide Cables. Here, it turns to white text on white background if unselected. Used to be black background which lends slightly better readibility.

I couldn't count how many of my Environments this breaks.

Christian

Just remember in all your excitement, new updates mean breaking things for third party software. I personally have had 2 separate notifications in the last 2 days to hold off. Being a sensei of software use, since the 80s, I’ll be letting others beta test this one for a while again :). Edited by Makzimia