EXS24 Facelift

ValliSoftware

I've never heard of that program but this is the program I used.

https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/

Impressive!

p-

So every item is a layer. For labels, at a later time I can change the font/color/position to create a new skin layout.

I can add new layers to add backdrops to add more visual effects to a new skin as well.

1839315580_screenlayout.thumb.png.373f3284e59e44dc358b6d7689cd11c6.png

I also added the original exs24 as a background with it's Opacity set to 42% so I could use it as a tracing to put what I wanted to replace the original with. I obviously hide that once I'm ready to create a new skin.

1387650851_tracemode.thumb.png.461fb332923dec3539f215891fa27f1f.png

nice! and we can download this skin....where?.... 8-)

So here's my current layout.

1306049976_currentlayout.png.3e4b7dc6c8162ec6133e7e09b7541eec.png

I've attached exs24ii_back.zip, that's the current layout look without the cheesy VS Logo. You can use that to replace your current exs24 skin. Unzip to get the png file.

I've also attached my Pixelmator project/file so you can edit and create your own skin.

Disclaimer here, I didn't install any fonts so the fonts I used should be available on your system, if not and things look funky, you'll just need to update and save the Pixelmator project/file so it works properly on your system.

Here's the current version of Pixelmator I'm using and I'm planning on getting the latest version a little later.

546191183_Pixelmator3.7.5.png.1bd2e6d9f9114727f50f8a5972ef5a8d.png

exs24ii_back.zip

exs24ii_back Pixelmator.zip

ha, once i got over the shock of seeing the EXS24 with a new look... it's great work! i might... lighten the darker parts a little (that's a lie, i'll never get around to it!), but it's very cool, and a welcome change from the 1990s look of the original. thanks again.

EDIT: in Preview, made it slightly sharper, and the temp slightly blue'r... and all is well. 8-)

Okay, went and added more styles to Pixelmator and this is now my updated layout.

current layout.png

Even better!

Please forgive the naive question,but how do you install that new skin?

just to jump in (i get no credit for anything lol):

quit logic. then, control-click on the logic app icon; select "show package contents" - navigate to Plugins, then, to "exs24.res'; in THAT contents folder, find Resources. in that folder, find the "exs24ii_back" file. my suggestion, option-drag that somewhere in case you want to restore the original backup (and make a copy of vallisoftware's version, so that, next LX update, you can do this again if you want). you have to option-drag, or you will just wind up with an alias of the file, not a copy.

THEN drag the new background into the Resources folder, choose replace. reopen logic, open an instance of the exs24, and all will be well.

• 1 year later...

an impulse buy my GF won't beat me for... gonna install the blue skin now.

really great work, and will be so good to not have to look at the usual 1982 EXS face...

EDIT:

got them both, just installed the dark one; i copied the EXS resources folder somewhere, and replaced that. simple.

this looks great, modern. SO much better; i'll try the blue one sometime too. def worth checking out!

I was exploring in this post and discovered that the edit path originally stated above is incorrect for LPX 10.4.8.

The path is; Logic Pro X 10.4.8.app/Contents/Plugins/exs.res/Contents/Resources/esx24ii_back.png

Interestingly, ALSO, these are simple png pictures and editable using almost ANY graphic editor with layers.

I used a copy of Gimp and in minutes had some progress.

Yes, there are all the buttons, thumbs, and verts and it would be a serious graphicical project in itself, to get it all done.

Getting it from ValliSoftware, is probably a good route.

I don’t propose to take away any credit here from ValliSoftware or input from fisherking.

Just pointing out some specifics.

A really great innovation here.

Thanks Valli.

I was exploring in this post and discovered that the edit path originally stated above is incorrect for LPX 10.4.8.

The path is; Logic Pro X 10.4.8.app/Contents/Plugins/exs.res/Contents/Resources/esx24ii_back.png

Interestingly, ALSO, these are simple png pictures and editable using almost ANY graphic editor with layers.

I used a copy of Gimp and in minutes had some progress.

Yes, there are all the buttons, thumbs, and verts and it would be a serious graphicical project in itself, to get it all done.

Getting it from ValliSoftware, is probably a good route.

I don’t propose to take away any credit here from ValliSoftware or input from fisherking.

Just pointing out some specifics.

A really great innovation here.

Thanks Valli.

yes, the back file is the main window, and yes, the buttons, sliders, etc matter. so not sure what your point is... just to correct the path to the 'back' image? either way, knods skins are excellent & work with the most-current logic; the beauty (as is usually true) is in the details...

wow, forgot about this thread.

I kept this simple but yes, you can even change the buttons as well, you just have to search for the images to replace them.

I didn't want to mess-up anything too much, so that's why I only worked with the main png image.

I thought I posted my last png but I didn't so now I've posted the Pixelmator project that I used to create the PNG image.

exs24ii_back.zip