I guess it is time to redo my template? Latest LPX has made it nearly unusable

Dragonwind

I hadn't been plagued by this before but it seems now with LPX 10.4.2 my large template I use for composing is not going to work. My template consists of a number of summing folders of sections that exist within a master folder. It's all nice and neat this way plus I saved the summed folders as "Sections" so that I can load them in other projects as needed. Many of these tracks (PLAY) are hosed in VEP and the remainder are Kontakt.

What has happened is even with every track disabled playback load is near 50% across all 24 cores. That's never happened before. Having a few tracks going is making it even worse. It is just very odd that even disabled I am getting this massive CPU usage. I can't even blame reverb plugins as that is at a minimum too.

I thought I found the culprit was PLAY from EW but I can load it into a blank project and not have an issue. I do have to investigate more as to what this is happening.

I do need to try the template without the simple "channel switcher" device that is in the environment (from Audio Grocery) now that LPX has articulation switching...and I did already build a simple channel switcher for it that works.

Anyways, this story is somewhat of a placeholder of my experience and thoughts in case others encounter this.

Chris