Violent Oscillations at Loud Volumes

brandeneatsfood

Hey everyone, I've been working on a new tune as of last week and I've ran into some problems. To begin, this is a very bass heavy song so I have multiple basses layered and much of it is composed from fundamental waveforms. It sounds great at low to normal volumes, but whenever I crank it in the car way up high, the low end begins to oscillate violently, strangely in accordance with whatever else may be happening in the song. It literally just becomes a song of incoherent bass oscillations. If anyone could take a stab at what's going on here I'd appreciate it.

you've pretty-much answered your own question; multiple basses from fundamental waveforms?

one way to (possibly) survive this is: compress the hell out of each bass. maybe do some subtle eq rolloff in the mid-bass, so they're not all pushing out a hump in the same frequency range.

but... what kind of music are you making? who uses multiple basses like that? (seriously, am asking)...

you've pretty-much answered your own question; multiple basses from fundamental waveforms?

one way to (possibly) survive this is: compress the hell out of each bass. maybe do some subtle eq rolloff in the mid-bass, so they're not all pushing out a hump in the same frequency range.

but... what kind of music are you making? who uses multiple basses like that? (seriously, am asking)...

Synthesizer music. Would you like to have a first hand listen or take a look at the project? I don't know how to make the oscillations even out when the volume gets up loud and there's no point in making this kind of music if it can't be played loud and coherent.

if you're using stock logic plugins, you could upload it here (or pm me). but really, you're getting a buildup in those lower frequencies; you need to: eq some of the sounds, so they don't all 'pump' at the same frequencies, and compress the hell out of each sound (and possibly compress/limit the overall mix). too much bass =.... too much bass