Illegal Region (2) at song launch then Crash : HELP PLEASE!!!!

pieca

I don't know if you read my reply above, but I don't believe that 10.4.2 tracks imported into 10.4.1 would be contaminated/infected.

Also, this seems to be a fairly rare problem, so you must be doing something specific (and routinely) that triggers it so frequently. A few questions in that regard...

• Would you say that you predominantly do normal recording or capture recording?

• Do you routinely do any specific kind of editing before or after recording MIDI?

• Does the problem seem to affect specific instrument tracks?

Hi Ski. This problem was hunting me at least twice a day, working full time with Logic. I happened when editing midi only. And sometimes I was working normally, closed the project, and get the "Illegal Region" message when opening the project. I tried uninstalling and installing all my plugins, update everything, and so forth.. I sent every crashlog to Apple... they couldn't see anything abnormal so far. Any thoughts?

Ok. I'll give it a try right now. I'm downgrading Logic to see if 10.4.1 doesn't have the curse. I've developed a paranoia with Logic... always expecting the crash that would come at any given moment. But I miss the program so much... it is so hard to try to get used to another DAW.... simply frustrating..

As for whether a 10.4.2 project opened in 10.4.1 will potentially have this problem, I'd like to think it wouldn't, because (coming full circle) the problem appears to be specific to 10.4.2.

I cross my fingers dude... let's see if it works! Thanks for your thoughts.

be careful to only open files in 10.4.1. and (please) give us a report on this.

i can't believe the apple/logic team is not aware of this, a good number of people have reported it. it's HUGE, and potentially devastating.

i can't believe the apple/logic team is not aware of this, a good number of people have reported it. it's HUGE, and potentially devastating.

It has been devastating. I'm in the middle of a huge project, and have lost money, time, etc. All my trust on Apple has been damaged. I've defended the Company since 2002, but I doubt of my loyalty now. Having a problem like this, with no resolution after several weeks of reporting it, is non admissible.

I can confirm, I did not use Logic until now since I updated to 10.4.2, I started a new project yesterday, and when I wanted to load it, I got this issue too, I had only 4 basic MIDI regions, not a big project at all, strange this is not yet fixed, the 10.4.2 was released at the end of September, and this is a critical issue that seems common!

It happened to me right after I updated the OS and Logic as well. At first, I thought it was Mojave, but after reading a lot about this issue, apparently is Logic 10.4.2 the problem. I tried different sessions, different midi instruments and so forth, but nothing worked. The bug persists. I haven't had a concrete answer from Apple yet. At this point, I'm kind of done with the follow ups and phone calls. I installed 10.4.1 last night and run a test project. It didn't crash... so far. I hope that's the solution for now.

• 3 weeks later...
HALLO LogicPro LOVERS, this is how you can quickly solve your ILLEGAL REGION 2 Problem. Open Finder and go to your song file whrever you have saved it. Hightlight the Logic Pro document and CLICK your SPACEBAR, then you will see (Load a backup) on the right side of your project pop up. Double leftclick on that and you will see all the saved sessions of that Project. CHOOSE THE LAST SAVED SESSION and you will see yourself smiling again. I am Denyo Rasmi, I love Logic Pro X and I wish you all the Best and Fun.