Unable to update outdated/additional Sounds

Erik Cordes

I have my sample content on a separate SSD. When starting Logic X today, I'm getting notified that an additional sound package can be downloaded. I tried to do this several times and also using the Sound Library Manager. The additional content available is around 11GB, but only 30MB seems to be downloaded. I don't know what is installed exactly, because I don't see any difference in the Sound Library Manager. Anyone else ran into this?

I have a similar issue now. My "essential" content is tagged as "outdated" and I constantly get prompted to install new sounds. When I do, the sounds are downloaded, and I get a notification that they were successfully installed, only it still says "outdated" in my sound library manager and it continues to prompt me every time I open Logic.

Logic 10.4.2 keeps throwing up this prompt.

MainStage 3.4.1 does the same.

MainStage 3.3.2 however does not show this prompt, and is using the moved library (moved by Logic 10.4.2's library move function)

given that I have a great gigabit internet connection, I went ahead and just reinstalled the entire library - no change - same issue.

Woke up this morning, launched Logic Pro X (10.4.2), the new sounds available dialog came up, I went to "Open Sound Library Manager", installed, and viola, the sounds did update and now all sound libraries report everything installed nothing "outdated" or uninstalled. Wondering if any others of you having these issue tried to re-update sound library today and if it worked for you. Checked in both MainStage 3.4.1 and Logic Pro X 10.4.2 and now after that weird behavior over the past couple days, all sound libraries appear to be properly installed.

Woke up this morning, launched Logic Pro X (10.4.2), the new sounds available dialog came up, I went to "Open Sound Library Manager", installed, and viola, the sounds did update and now all sound libraries report everything installed nothing "outdated" or uninstalled. Wondering if any others of you having these issue tried to re-update sound library today and if it worked for you. Checked in both MainStage 3.4.1 and Logic Pro X 10.4.2 and now after that weird behavior over the past couple days, all sound libraries appear to be properly installed.

Fixed here too!!!

fixed here too. believe that Logic and MainStage "phone home" to Apple to see if there are updates to the sound library available, so this would happen outside of the app store updates. If Apple then adjusts the "payload" on their side, the behaviour will change for us as well.

Logic 10.4.2 and MainStage 3.4.1 are not complaining about sound library updates as of now for me - had been "wrong" since yesterday evening.

Done, fixed. ;-)

Apples servers are pretty unreliable. Went through similar issues with LP9 already, LPX made matters worse - and while it seems to be ok for the time being, chances are I'll be looking at some more "you need updated content" bogus messages when loading some more pre-LPX projects, even if they don't contain any plugins requiring whatever content.

The entire Library Manager portion defenitely needs a major overhaul. Moving the library shouldn't require enough space to download everything to your system drive at first (which is the situation right now) but should also do result in any temporary downloads to happen on the new library target location. Every other company is doing it like that by now.

• 2 years later...
For me too, installing the outdated essential content fixed it tonight.

Hi David. This issue has unfortunately crept up on me. It seems everyone on this thread had their problem solved simultaneously. Is there any knowledge what's causing it for those of us whom content still says "Outdated?"

The group consensus was Apple fixed it. However some posts continue to state this problem. Each time Logic is opened it displays a "new content" notification, however Sound Library Manager still shows content needs to be downloaded because it's "Outdated" - no matter how many times you click "install." This happens on the "Essential Sounds and Instruments for Logic..." and "Reverb (Stereo)" in Sound Library Manager. Even after getting a "success" message it still says content is "Outdated."

Any help is much appreciated.