Plugins scan and Mojave ?

bigramp

I have this problem in High Sierra -- I was told it was fixed in Mojave, but it seems like maybe not. In High Sierra, at least, killing AudioComponentRegistrar before you open Logic seems to get the scan to run normally (this was suggested to me on another forum, and it did work when I tried it).

So, open Terminal and run: killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar

• 1 year later...
I have this problem in High Sierra -- I was told it was fixed in Mojave, but it seems like maybe not. In High Sierra, at least, killing AudioComponentRegistrar before you open Logic seems to get the scan to run normally (this was suggested to me on another forum, and it did work when I tried it).

So, open Terminal and run: killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar

Hello. I found this thread while trying to find out the location of the audio units cache in Mojave. Do you happen to know if this "component registrar" file is the new "com.apple.audiounits.cache" counterpart in Mojave? I don't see the previous cache file since installing Mojave?

Thanks!

Kev

No, it's the process that monitors for plugin changes. A behaviour change or bug since High Sierra onwards means sometimes you either have to reboot, or restart the AudioComponentRegistrar process to notice newly installed plugins.

Hi. Thanks - sorry, I was typing my previous message when your reply must have come in!