Key command flash ?

dereksamuelreese

Hello everyone,

i have finally made the transition from Logic 9 to Logic X, with an apogee ensemble thunderbolt.

wow, i am really enjoying this new territory.

My key commands have all ported over nicely, with the exception of a few lol.

When i am in the arrange window, scrolling the tracks on the left side of the page everything is good, until i come to the end or the top of the page, and suddenly the screen flashes and i get a dialog box saying "Command not available because the last track is already selected"

Its not a huge deal, but a little irritating.

Can someone please tell me a work around ?

Thank you and have a great weekend everyone.

Actually I also find the screen flashes a little jarring and intrusive whenever they occur. They kind of take you out of the moment - like a sudden in-flight announcement! Personally, I wish Apple would allow them to be disabled globally.

Actually I also find the screen flashes a little jarring and intrusive whenever they occur. They kind of take you out of the moment - like a sudden in-flight announcement! Personally, I wish Apple would allow them to be disabled globally.

Oh ok now I understand. Unfortunately, as far as I know there's no way to disable screen flashes in Logic.

Between this and what the other DAWs give you, meaning a beep when you do something you shouldn’t, I prefer the flashing. Never liked being disturbed by a sounding alarm when working in an audio software.

Blink

In logic 9 when you reach the end or the top, there isn’t a flash of any kind ?

No, but in Logic Pro X sound alerts were replaced by screen flashing.

there is a logic dialog that says something like that key command is used already?

We'd need to know the exact wording of the dialog. Here I get only the warning dialogs that the command is not available because the last (or first) track is already selected.