Hide Extension while saving project gone

mattymatt
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

Hello,

Yet another thing I would like to understand. I recently noticed that when saving a project, the .logicx extension is visible and the option to hide it seems to be gone as shown on the screen shot. After reinstalling Logic the extension disappears but after some time it reappears again. I understand that it's always there but I want it hidden at all times and this option doesn't seem to show on any of my Mojave driven machines, the High Sierra one still has it. Same Logic version. Any ideas here? Thank you.

1688463510_ScreenShot2018-12-15at2_19_09PM.png.aa4b1a351af692b3eb3ad46d155b54c7.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Perhaps a dumb question but, when/why would we want to save a project without the extension attached ?

So you could open it in another Daw? Any specific examples ?

Just curious. Thanks

The Hide Extension option just hides the text of the extension from the name of the file. The extension still exists, just isn’t visible.

• 1 month later...
when/why would we want to save a project without the extension attached ?

Tidiness. But also, when I'm looking through files, they are much easier to read (and pick through) if they don't have that loooong ".logicx" extension. My finder windows are only so big... ☺️

• 2 years later...