Anyone using Latest Logic & Mojave advice?

kerochan

I'm very happy with my purchase. I haven't had any problems aside from the Mac OS being paranoid about letting things control it and having to grant permission in Security and Privacy. Be aware that automatic updates are enabled by default, so you may want to shut that off. I was running 10.4.1 until yesterday, upgraded to 10.4.3 and so far so good.

The performance is great, I'm not seeing spinning wheels and system overloads like I was with my 2015 MBP.

Do it!

logic & mojave are doing fine here; have been doing a lot of mixing lately; no weirdness, crashes... mysteries. my new fave synth plugin, cypher2, struggles a bit (when the GUI is up), but... seems the be the plugin, not logic or the OS.

if your plugins are all up-to-date (& you can always check mojave compatibility with the developers)... you should be fine. in my experience, mojave is a much-refined, more stable version of high sierra...

Yup, I also upgraded to a new Mac Mini last week (including updating the OS and Logic version), and so far the only problem was a single project that crashed on opening -- unless I opened it after already having another project open. No idea why (it complained about Ozone crashing), but once I got it opened and re-saved, it's been fine.

I even upgraded in the middle of a project, and no complaints, really. The faster processor was an absolute lifesaver bouncing stems -- bouncing a project in 10-20 seconds instead of 90+ seconds is a big help. No problems at all with offline bouncing so far. This has been a great upgrade for me.