Sync Point/Region Marker Equivalent?

Peedge
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hello all,

First time posting here, and very new to Logic Pro X (there’s a lot like in both the app and this forum).

I do a lot of audio post for film and video; I’m very interested in using Logic for just this purpose (I want to migrate from another app that shall remain nameless). However, when I was at a friend’s studio playing with his LPX setup (version 10.4.1) I couldn’t figure out if it were possible to add markers to audio regions themselves.

In Pro Tools you can add “sync points” to audio regions at leisure - It puts a little triangle marker on the region where the cursor resides. Is there an equivalent to this in LPX? Having a visual reference marker or point on an audio region is a huge thing for me, especially when I’m cutting foley or SFX with very specific, critical sync needs.

I’ve searched online, but haven’t come up with much. It seems in previous versions you could add anchors in a similar way (and they would show up on the region as a little black dot), but have anchors been removed from LPX? I couldn’t find them at all on my friend’s setup.

Do any of you experienced users have any guidance or alternative techniques I might try to get the same result?

Many thanks!!!