Korg Nanokontrol

plinkyplonky

Trying and failing to delete the Korg nanoKONTROL2 from Logic's control surfaces. Have tried deleting in logic, removing the .cs file, restarting computer but whatever I do it shows up every time I open logic. When I do delete from logic control surface setup it functions as I want it to, just trying to find a way of deleting the default file permanently as it's a bit irritating. I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 and logic 10.4.3. Any help much appreciated.

You need to remove the nanokontrok plugin from the MIDI devices folder inside the

Logic app bundle, so Logic doesn’t recognise it as a control surface.

Tried this as well (apologies, should have said in original post). I deleted the cs file and the bundle, restarted the computer, but it pops up as a control surface every time.

Do you have the nanokontrol bundle somewhere else? I recall in the early days, Korg provided a non-official bundle which you put in one of the user library folders - I wonder if you have that and that's what's recognising the nK?

Not that I can find anywhere. Have just deleted every trace of anything korg from my computer but it's still showing up. Have attached the contents of my midi device plug-ins folder in case that's of any use? Can't find a korg bundle file anywhere else on my computer

1472998883_ScreenShot2018-12-22at14_41_32.png.5f21cf39c7f60259fa1b4079da5f35ef.png

Have you checked here;

Main Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins ?

Sometimes there’s a Bundle in there too.

also?

/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/KorgUSBMIDIDriver.plugin (vs. 1.2.1)

/System/Library/Extensions/advKorgUSBMIDIDriver.plugin (vs. 1.2.1 (r4))

Have you checked here;

Sometimes there’s a Bundle in there too.

also?

/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/KorgUSBMIDIDriver.plugin (vs. 1.2.1)

/System/Library/Extensions/advKorgUSBMIDIDriver.plugin (vs. 1.2.1 (r4))

I don't seem to have a 'MIDI Device Plug-ins' folder in application support, and Audio/MIDI Drivers is empty. I can't work out if I'm stupid or crazy!

Make sure you are in the right ‘Library’ folder.

There are a few actually.

it’s ;

AKA Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins ?

(NOT User/ Library)

Has to be there!

That's the one! I knew it was probably just me being an idiot....was looking in the wrong library folder (although not sure why it didn't come up when I did a search for nanoKONTROL on my machine). Anyway, all working perfectly now. Thanks so much for your help.