Such a simple but very useful thing i miss.

vanhaze

Many times it's really the implementation of neat little small things in a DAW that makes it such a joy to work with.

Check this:

In Main Project Window, I leftmouse click on an empty area of a Track.

What is my goal with this ?

To have the Track selected, so (with Inspector at the left of the screen open), i can see at a glance all the Inspector settings and used plugins on that Track.

And i can make changes in those if i want to.

And no need to move mouse to Trackheader and click it, to select the Track.

Or hitting arrow keys repeatedly to select the Track.

But no, a leftmouse click on an empty area of a Track doesn't select that Track.

Apple: Any reason why not ?

It seems such a logical thing.

Comparison to (for example) Reaper DAW (which takes this even way further):

I can left mouseclick on an empty Track area

and then that Track will be selected and even better, it will open the Track inspector at mouse position.

Just these little things .. :D

Clicking on empty area is to deselect any selected regions, like in text editors it deselects any selected text or images. I would HATE it if it selected the track, very counter-intuitive. And it is not like the track headers are somewhere beyond the mountains acrosse the desert on the other side of the lake to the east.

How do you deselct regions in Reaper?

Anyway, yeah, it would be awesome but also it would not make any sense if all DAWs used the same protocols. And a Mac-wide "habit" is that clicking an empty area deselects things elsewhere in that area.

And I don't use my mouse to select tracks - the up and down arrows work just fine for that...

- You both don't explain WHY exactly you would hate my wishful behaviour.

- In Reaper, clicking on empty Track area will select that Track AND deselect all Regions.

( i didn't say anything about that i want to only Track select functionality without Region deselect functionality.

- Bitwig has same behaviour by default: click on empty Track area deselects all Regions and selects that Track

- Cubase has an option for this behaviour in it's Preferences.

So i am guessing my wishful "click on empty Track area" behaviour in Logic is not that extraordinary. :mrgreen: