How to set the startup default template

Trogon
Go to solution Solved by vanhaze,

Hello everyone,

Up until recently, my default startup template for years was one of my own design. I'm not sure if it is since 10.4.3 or my recent upgrading to Mojave (10.14.2), but the default template suddenly is just that - Logic's plain vanilla version. I've searched forums and tried some older solutions to change the default template to one of mine but none of the solutions work. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Jonathan

Morristown, NJ

• Solution

- Open Logic Preferences > General.

- Choose the Tab "Project Handling"

- Startup Action : Create new Project using Default Template

- Default Template > choose your own designed Template.

- Close Logic

- Open Logic

- Logic should now be opened with your custom made Template, the Project name is "untitled".

Another workflow:

- Just put your custom made Logic Template file in the OSX Dock (by dragging it's icon onto the right part of the Dock.

- You can then click that icon in the Dock and Logic will open your custom Template.

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks for the help, vanhaze. I changed it in LPX Preferences. I have the startup set to Ask. So now, when I launch LPX, the Startup "What do you want to do" dialog has the "Create a new empty project" entry, which I don't want and was previously opening by default, followed by My template which I do want.

Your second idea is also handy.

Thanks again!

• 8 months later...

I have a variation of this. I don't really care what happens when I open up Logic, but what I'd like to do is to get my own template in a new project with just one command, like you could with File-New, whereas now I have to go File-New Project From Template and then select my template.

Can this be done? Basically have Logic open my own template in replacement of its own "Empty" one?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This is driving me crazy ?

I used to be able to save my template and put it in my dock so when i want to start a new song i click the logic icon in the template and it would open, now its asking my Do you want to close the current project before opening a new song? i don't want to go through all off this, is there a simple way i can click my saved template icon and just have logic open without asking me questions ?

641042782_ScreenShot2020-12-30at12_10_24PM.png.ffed576f656bfe5d288a7e08026ba2e8.png

• 2 years later...

As far as I can see, there's no way for Logic Remote to create a new project from a template. Logic Remote as a New Empty Project key command, but no new from template, nor is there any way to change the default template for File > New. Am I missing something?