Logic 10.4.4 Update Released!

anp27

I wouldn’t say that. If it was the usual update with loads of features and bug fixes, it would probably mean no new version at NAMM but with such a small bug fix list, I’d say quite the contrary. Proves even more that a new version is close. Pure speculation of course, and no small bug fix list is small enough to not justify it. When the bug is affecting your workflow, it is very much welcomed. So, thanks Logic devs for this one.

Blink

I wouldn’t say that. If it was the usual update with loads of features and bug fixes, it would probably mean no new version at NAMM but with such a small bug fix list, I’d say quite the contrary. Proves even more that a new version is close. Pure speculation of course, and no small bug fix list is small enough to not justify it. When the bug is affecting your workflow, it is very much welcomed. So, thanks Logic devs for this one.

Yay, you just made me hopeful again! In true Apple/Logic fashion, we'll never really know till the actual days comes. And yes, I'm thankful for this update too regardless. I have never seen Logic get so many updates like it has in the past 4 years :)

Yep it looks like they don't expect to be able to deliver 10.5 prior to NAMM, which has been their cadence the last few years.

Personally I hope the LPX engineers have had a look at some of the cool chord features in Cubase and Studio1, and worked out an elegant way to implement them in LPX.

"Audio region wave form shifting to the right after split" (bug) not fixed. I don't even bother to report this Bug to apple , it is useless.

what happens exactly? i've never seen that. are you working from a custom template? how are you cutting the tracks? maybe someone here can help, try starting a separate thread...

"Audio region wave form shifting to the right after split" (bug) not fixed. I don't even bother to report this Bug to apple , it is useless.

what happens exactly? i've never seen that. are you working from a custom template? how are you cutting the tracks? maybe someone here can help, try starting a separate thread...

Isn't that this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=119464

?

Cheers,

Merlin.

10.4.4 + Melodyne 4.2.1 = freeze & crash + lost Melodyne edits. All 5 hours of them. And yes, I've got saves along the way, they're not there, either, but all gone. f$@%ing all gone. Don't know if it's Logic or Melodyne, or position of the moon, but started today, and I updated both LPX and Melodyne, the idiot that I am, because bug fixes were promised, ironically autosave fix included.

it will be fine. if you don't want the Logic Pro X 'Pro' plan ($39.99 month), there's going to be the "Home" plan (16 tracks, legacy instruments only, 16/44 max; only $19.99 month)

Logic is subsidised by hardware sales, so of course the monthly fee will be flat rate, instead it will be which hardware you're running on as to what options you get lol. ;)

Customer: "Hi there, i cannot load my old projects on the new version of Logic, it says i've reached the maximum track count and i have wooden end caps on the screen."

Apple: "I need to check if your system meets the recommended specs, Which Apple product are you using?"

Customer: "It's an iMac"

Apple: "Thank-you, is that an iMac Pro?"

Customer: "No, It's the normal one."

Apple: "Ok, You need to upgrade to the Pro model to use over 32 tracks, also additional options will be available to you, such as removing the wood effect view. do you require any other assistance?"

it will be fine. if you don't want the Logic Pro X 'Pro' plan ($39.99 month), there's going to be the "Home" plan (16 tracks, legacy instruments only, 16/44 max; only $19.99 month)

Logic is subsidised by hardware sales, so of course the monthly fee will be flat rate, instead it will be which hardware you're running on as to what options you get lol. ;)

Customer: "Hi there, i cannot load my old projects on the new version of Logic, it says i've reached the maximum track count and i have wooden end caps on the screen."

Apple: "I need to check if your system meets the recommended specs, Which Apple product are you using?"

Customer: "It's an iMac"

Apple: "Thank-you, is that an iMac Pro?"

Customer: "No, It's the normal one."

Apple: "Ok, You need to upgrade to the Pro model to use over 32 tracks, also additional options will be available to you, such as removing the wood effect view. do you require any other assistance?"

:lol:

at least, with the 'pro' pro version, you can disable quantize...

exactly, I don't think cares one bit if you've bought logic or downloaded a 'cracked' version, you'll need to either buy a new Mac or update the one you have to keep using the newest features etc. pretty brilliant as a company I think.

but the part that's surprised me the most that they keep making it better, and better than almost all other daws out.

c

That's also one of the main considerations why i will use Logic for the foreseeable future over something like Cubase too, being able to deploy to machines that i own is just so good if i have any problems. Playing with USB dongles and keeping up with expensive version 0.5 upgrades so i don't get left behind, not so attractive.

That and Logic is great, of course. Even with it's little quirks, i feel so at home with it. :)

...seems to be, updated mid pm yesterday, and have been working non-stop since, (deadline, you'all know the drill)...so far no issues, including with melodyne.ara in full production (don't ask)...hth.../s~

Glad to hear! I’m not touching ARA for now, gotta figure out wtf is going on in my system first.

Anyone else have a problem downloading the update for 10.4.4? I've never had any problems in the past but it keeps hanging after downloading, looks like it's just about to update then comes up with an unspecified error. I've tried restarting, logging in and out of the App Store and my account and nothing has helped. I tried logging into my Mac under a new user account and that didn't work either. Using the purchases page to try again just gives a similar result, stops at the same point and says there is an error.

515457941_ScreenShot2019-01-12at4_11_00pm.png.58dfd2124632000b94b9c4dd23e2a1e5.png

For those having problems updating from 10.4.3 to 10.4.4, have you added anything to the LPX application package? In my case I add a Faderport.bundle to LPX>Contents>MIDI Device Plug-ins.

I tried 4 times to update 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 and it failed but when I removed the Faderport.bundle it updated successfully.

It may just be a coincidence or the app store could be doing some type of integrity check and discovered the package contents had been changed.