After Audio to midi conversion midi notes are not visible in the region

mrbump
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

hi all

Appreciate some help please.

I'm on the latest Logic X version.

When I convert audio to midi using flex pitch to convert audio to a new midi region all works as it should. A new region is created in the arrange window and I can see it contains midi notes.

However, when I click on the region to expand it and edit the midi notes they're not in there - it's blank across the whole octave range.

I haven't done this for a while after coming back from Ableton so am I doing something stupid here please?

Many thanks

Simon

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same problem. 1) create audio track 2) crate midi track from flex pitch data. 3) the new midi region is added to the arrange page and I can see that the idi data in the region matches the pitches of my audio track BUT 4)nothing plays back 5) when I double click there are no notes to be found in the midi window and 6) there are no notes on the staves of the score window.

What is the disconnect between the analyzed data, the data shown clearly inthe region but not being sent to the Midi instrument or to the midi editor/score editor??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Solution
Did anyone find any other way to solve this?

There is a known issue with the velocity of the notes created by this feature, so open the region in the Event List and double-check that the velocity of the notes is in a reasonable range (not zero for example).

If all else fails attach the project file here and I'll have a look. How to attach files to your post

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the same issue. I have tried analysing the audio and changing the velocity with no luck.

I can see the MIDI notes in the green bar but they do not play nor can I see them in the piano roll (screenshot attached!).

Thanks

Kash

1165805737_Screenshot2020-05-11at17_10_51.thumb.png.35ef6ebcea5293cc3e6b43bb2bb9f1cf.png

Awesome! It just worked. I was previously 'highlighting the area' and increasing the velocity which did not work. I 'selected all' and increased the velocity and it now works! Wow I can't believe I spent so many hours on that :lol: Thanks for your help - much appreciated!! 8-)