Soundcraft Ui24r

DMCompany

I got a Ui24R about two weeks ago and I'm yet to get it to work properly with Logic Pro X. I've got 18 inputs for drums, bass, guitar, vocals and no matter what I try, the assigned inputs in Logic seem to be overidden or assigned to tracks 1 + 2 OR others. I took the microphone out of channel 11, recorded some test sounds and the channel 11 on Logic Pro X recorded the test sounds - even with nothing plugged in.

I've tried it with three different Macs using both OS 10.13 and 10.14, and 8gb RAM and 16gb RAM.

Any help?

I've got the weirdness sorted out, if not solved - for some reason Logic (I say Logic is doing this, but it's some sort of issue with either the uI24r or Logic...) is taking the inputs from the uI24r and moving them exactly 10 spots. So input 1 goes to track 11, input 2 goes to track 12 and so on. Everything was going to output 1 + 2, so what I thought was recorded to 1 + 2 was just playback.

• 1 month later...

I've been using the ui24r quite a lot as a live mixer, but took my first foray today into using it as a recording interface for Logic Pro. I am having the same problem, namely that all my inputs are increased by 10 ... channel 7 on the mixer is channel 17 on Logic.

I think this relates to the Patching function in the ui24r, that is, I think the problem is in the mixer and not in Logic. That section of the manual is not clearly written. I'm going to seek out a ui24r user group, or if need be contact Soundcraft support.

If anyone can shed light on this strange occurrence, or provide a link to a user group, that would be wonderful.

Cheers

Tom

• 1 year later...
I've been using the ui24r quite a lot as a live mixer, but took my first foray today into using it as a recording interface for Logic Pro. I am having the same problem, namely that all my inputs are increased by 10 ... channel 7 on the mixer is channel 17 on Logic.

I think this relates to the Patching function in the ui24r, that is, I think the problem is in the mixer and not in Logic. That section of the manual is not clearly written. I'm going to seek out a ui24r user group, or if need be contact Soundcraft support.

If anyone can shed light on this strange occurrence, or provide a link to a user group, that would be wonderful.

Cheers

Tom

Did you found the solution? I've got the same problem right now

Here's what I found out -- from the ui24r, channels 1-10 are Master L-R and the first 8 Aux sends, then channel 1 is at 11. There is apparently no way around this. It's not a huge issue, really. Here is Harman's official info sheet on this: https://help.harmanpro.com/ui24r-multitrack-recording-with-a-daw

Incidentally, once I found out how easy it was to record multitrack directly on the ui24r, I started doing that and then just importing the tracks to Logic Pro from a USB thumb drive. You may need to boost the gain for all your channels as the ui24r records with a LOT of headroom, but it's very very clean.

Regards to all,

Tom

• 1 year later...