Flex pitch markers have disappeared

Drew_C
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello, I've been using LPX since release. I have never had problems with flex pitch before.

Now, flex pitch isnt working right. In every project I have that uses flex pitch, the flex pitch notes have disappeared. It is working- ie, the audio is being tuned and the edits I've made are still "there"... in just cant see them, so I cant make new edits or adjustments.

If I start a new project, and load in an audio file, set it to flex pitch, it will analyze the file, but no notes appear.

I have no idea why this is happening. I havent changed any preferences or settings other than buffer size, it just stopped working.

I'm on a macbook pro, Mojave 10.14.1, logic 10.4.2.

Please help. Thanks.

David, thanks so much for the reply.

Your advice helped me solve the issue. I was zoomed out too far. Once I zoomed in, the beams and curves appeared.

I'm not sure how i managed to not zoom in when I was checking all my projects. But, while scrolling up and down to check the pitch ranges as you suggested, i decided to zoom and it revealed my flex notes.

Thanks again for the reply, I thought I was going crazy.

• 2 years later...

I've noticed another problem/solution related to this so I'm adding here:

Problem: Some notes don't create flex pitch bars/markers.

Exact situtation: The beginning word in a line of lyrics didn't generate a flex pitch bar, but others did.

The phrase had been made into a region from a whole line by using "erase silence" function in main window.

Solution: The very first part of the first word of the phrase had been "cut off" in the creation of the region. it wasn't totally obvious. "stretching" the start of the region to make it start earlier, so the full first note was sounding, triggered the FlexPitch to create a bar for that note, allowing correction.

Lesson: Slightly cut-off notes ( done by trimming region) may not trigger FlexPitch.