FX Plugins Not Registering

KrisNeedsHelp

Hello,

Recently I tried to install 2 effect plug-ins, I did this by downloading the AU packages and moving the component files next to my other plugin components. I restarted Logic but they didn't come up so I tried deleting my cache so it would automatically rescan the plug-ins and still they wouldn't appear. Only my instrument plug-ins get reinstalled. Also tried the method of moving the plug-in components out of the components folder, restarting, moving them back in and then restarting Logic for the second time. But Logic doesn't even notice they are gone.

The plug-ins:

- Voxengo OldSkoolVerb

- Metric Halo Thump

I run Logic on macOS Mojave 14.2, Logic Pro X 10.3.2.

Kind regards,

Kris

Welp, that didn't last very long. Same problem with new plugins, but what's interesting is that plug-ins with a bigger developer do show up. Also I can't clear out my audiounit cache anymore because I can't get into the folder Caches. So I tried the component deletion method but it didn't work out

Hi,

I made this thread not more than a few weeks ago but it was marked "solved" while it has not been solved at all.

"Welp, that didn't last very long. Same problem with new plugins. Also I can't clear out my audiounit cache anymore because I can't get into the folder Caches. So I tried the component deletion method but it didn't fix the problem"

Please help

I made this thread not more than a few weeks ago but it was marked "solved" while it has not been solved at all.

I marked your thread solved when you answered "Update: They work now." — that's what the solved mark is for: to determine which threads need our attention and which don't. In this case, your plug-ins started working as expected, even if you didn't understand why, and at that point there was nothing else we could help you with, hence marking the thread solved.

As you've noticed, as the original poster of this thread you have the possibility of marking the thread solved or not solved at will, so just because a thread is marked solved (in your case because it was finally working as expected) doesn't mean you can't mark it as unsolved again if and when the issue comes back.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with bumping your original thread (replying something to make it come back up the list) if it doesn't get any attention after you've marked it as unsolved.

not to sound trite, but a computer restart has always fixed any new plugin that wasn't recognized after installation for me. this happens quite often and is completely random from maker to maker. im assuming its something to do the way it installs or possibly the age etc of the plug